Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Started sorting me shed out. Going to try to do one box and one bag of rubbish per day. Hopefully I remember to go in there each day! Getting some movement in there might help stop the scary crawlies from making it a home.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Creal, that is absolutely above and beyond the best news I could ever hear today. I know that feeling. Your feet arenot gonna touch the ground for a good long while. There is absolutely no greater thrill in this world than being there and facilitating the birth of a new brother or sister. You are greatly blessed.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I had a couple jars of kombucha that I haven't touched in several months. (Bad Kim). I've been cleaning them out but the Scoby in each is extremely thick. I've had to cut 2 in half to remove them.

The other night I didn't feel like taking the full trash out to the can at 10pm. So I left the Scoby on a plate on the stove. Hubby freaked out and thought I left raw chicken breast out.

It does kind of look like chicken breast.View attachment 15391

was it any good?

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
was it any good?

I don't like Scoby. My dogs don't care for it either. A few chickens like to have a few bites. I tried drying like recommended for the dogs as well.

I couldn't drink the kombucha. Too acidic. It made vinegar seem like a tame drink. Other than the starter, it got dumped outside. I never put it into the septic.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
49025993_2063420207041271_8079216981405859840_n.jpg

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
^^^ groan :p

I got a new rug for the kitchen :D went to buy yarn to make a rug, but the rug I saw was cheaper than the cost of the yarn, better and just overall, nicer! Matches the curtains too :) I like this extra covid cash, but I better not get used to it!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sunny here today, going to get outside and enjoy some of it. We've been sick, had low fever for a few days, congestion, sinus and feeling blah. Over a week of cold rainy weather on the heels of snow, sure didn't help either. Haha, I put Carhart overalls on over my pajamas, Carhart jacket, boots and went outside to do chores, repeat in the evenings, lay around like a lazy dog all day. I got dressed yesterday, so did DH, we had to go to town. Feeling LOTS better, but still not up to our usual selves.

I think that because we have been so isolated for going on year two, we have not been exposed to the normal colds and low key sickness. We had our granddaughters for a long weekend, the two youngest had a couple days of low grade fever and sniffles. The day after we took them back, WHAM! I got sick, 3 days later WHAM! DH got sick. Haven't been to a doctor, they won't see sick people anyway. They want everybody to get tested for Covid. We don't have Covid, just sinus crap.

We are taking Tylenol Sinus Severe and it is working. It must be good stuff, can't find it anywhere, friend orders it from Amazon and he gave it to us. At night when we go to bed, I go old school and rub my chest with Vicks, put on a Tshirt and cover up. It has helped with congestion, DH won't do it.

So, for everybody out there that gets sick, take Tylenol Sinus Severe, Delsym cough syrup-especially at night so you can sleep, and rub down with Vicks. In a week or two, you will be ok.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Feel well soon @baymule !

Its not too warm a day here but I got all hot and bothered picking grapes so I have turned the air con on while I decide what to do with them. My neighbour gave me some cherry tomatoes, silverbeet and a big spring onion. His place is like the food bowl of the town, I should have taken some of the lucerne tree he just cut down too for the ducks, but my hands were full and I was hot and wanted to get home for a cuppa.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sunny here today, going to get outside and enjoy some of it. We've been sick, had low fever for a few days, congestion, sinus and feeling blah. Over a week of cold rainy weather on the heels of snow, sure didn't help either. Haha, I put Carhart overalls on over my pajamas, Carhart jacket, boots and went outside to do chores, repeat in the evenings, lay around like a lazy dog all day. I got dressed yesterday, so did DH, we had to go to town. Feeling LOTS better, but still not up to our usual selves.

I think that because we have been so isolated for going on year two, we have not been exposed to the normal colds and low key sickness. We had our granddaughters for a long weekend, the two youngest had a couple days of low grade fever and sniffles. The day after we took them back, WHAM! I got sick, 3 days later WHAM! DH got sick. Haven't been to a doctor, they won't see sick people anyway. They want everybody to get tested for Covid. We don't have Covid, just sinus crap.

We are taking Tylenol Sinus Severe and it is working. It must be good stuff, can't find it anywhere, friend orders it from Amazon and he gave it to us. At night when we go to bed, I go old school and rub my chest with Vicks, put on a Tshirt and cover up. It has helped with congestion, DH won't do it.

So, for everybody out there that gets sick, take Tylenol Sinus Severe, Delsym cough syrup-especially at night so you can sleep, and rub down with Vicks. In a week or two, you will be ok.
Get well soon, now ya hear.