• Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Feel well soon @baymule !

Its not too warm a day here but I got all hot and bothered picking grapes so I have turned the air con on while I decide what to do with them. My neighbour gave me some cherry tomatoes, silverbeet and a big spring onion. His place is like the food bowl of the town, I should have taken some of the lucerne tree he just cut down too for the ducks, but my hands were full and I was hot and wanted to get home for a cuppa.

learn everything you can from him! :) be a sponge, soak it up. :)

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had a really bad weekend last weekend. The neighbours across the highway let their unsterilized cats roam the streets. I found 3 kittens stuck behind my pond. One one in a pipe, another in a bucket and the last was dozey enough for me to just pick up without a hiss. I found them at midnight on the friday night and couldn't find a place to take them over the weekend. They were very young and beyond my physical capacity to care for, but they survived on syringed tinned meat until the monday when I dumped them at the local vet.

I had contacted a city rescue on the Saturday and they wouldnt take them, but after i took them to the vet, the vet passed them onto that rescue anyway! So i was really annoyed as I ended up super, super sick after trying to care for them over the weekend. And I HATE cats.

This weekend has been much better. Today I saw blue wrens in the garden again :) its nice to see the birds come back. Starting to get back on top of the housework now and managed to cook a meal today. Next time I find ferals in the garden, I wont be saving them.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Allergic to babies 😆
Apparently you are allergic to cats?

2 of the visitors were allergic to the hay/rabbits that I have in the house. They did ok though once out of the bunnies room. Was a nice time, now to keep the place clean til the next round of visitors next weekend!

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think that because we have been so isolated for going on year two, we have not been exposed to the normal colds and low key sickness. We had our granddaughters for a long weekend, the two youngest had a couple days of low grade fever and sniffles. The day after we took them back, WHAM! I got sick, 3 days later WHAM! DH got sick. Haven't been to a doctor, they won't see sick people anyway. They want everybody to get tested for Covid. We don't have Covid, just sinus crap.
Sorry to hear. I didn't hear that,,.. well that I remember in BYH. Last fall I came home from a job just getting over being sick and the neighbor who is family spent time with his grand baby's over a week before I got home then with my wife (his niece) and my kids over a week before I got home. They got sick until right after I got home, then me as the family healed up. So I was puwey the hole time I was home. Healed up in time to fly back to work though.
I had a really bad weekend last weekend
Sorry to hear that. Glad things got better. I had to take a neighbor's house cat out of a trap not long ago. I let it go because although they have a few to many cats, I have a few to many mice. It keeps me from needing a cat.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
160461238_5133441130031359_6396625379457593226_n.jpg