Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My ground goes slurp when I walk across it. But, my garden, not so much b/c I have 5 nice raised beds. 6 more in the making. and, the part that is not raised is covered with BTE style mulch. I keep my tiller parked 90% of the time. I much prefer working the soil with my garden fork or my absolute favorite: broad fork. Mulch, and hand tools ensure that I can pretty much get in to loosen soil and plant any time the frost is out of the ground.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cooler and wet here this morning.... Had some thunderstorms last night, saw the creek running fast and muddy this morning. More showers today and supposed to get windy. Temps not bad, 60's but a real drop for the end of the week; back in the 40's days and 20's nights. It is still only early spring.... the 70's the last few days have made you want to get cracking with outside stuff.

Anyone here used "tart cherry" supplement for pain and immune system? A couple of guys on one of the cattle forums said that it is good for aches and pains. Lord knows I have tried everything under the sun, and thought I would try it but was wondering if anyone has used it or had any success....Knees are really getting to me with work and the concrete.... trying to deal until the replacements in late fall after our haying season is done.....

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My ground goes slurp when I walk across it. But, my garden, not so much b/c I have 5 nice raised beds. 6 more in the making. and, the part that is not raised is covered with BTE style mulch. I keep my tiller parked 90% of the time. I much prefer working the soil with my garden fork or my absolute favorite: broad fork. Mulch, and hand tools ensure that I can pretty much get in to loosen soil and plant any time the frost is out of the ground.

I left this fallow for a year so it's absolutely matted with grass and needs it tilled to kill it. Grass takes over everything here.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Send some rain my way! Dry and very hot here. 100F outside right now, my plants are wilting. Good weather to get washing dry quick, but I brought a huge grasshopper in with it.

I have just sat down with a cold milo to watch the news and browse the ikea site. My mum is bringing a trailer down from the city with a piano and new fridge for me, so I might as well fill that trailer up!

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cooler and wet here this morning.... Had some thunderstorms last night, saw the creek running fast and muddy this morning. More showers today and supposed to get windy. Temps not bad, 60's but a real drop for the end of the week; back in the 40's days and 20's nights. It is still only early spring.... the 70's the last few days have made you want to get cracking with outside stuff.

Anyone here used "tart cherry" supplement for pain and immune system? A couple of guys on one of the cattle forums said that it is good for aches and pains. Lord knows I have tried everything under the sun, and thought I would try it but was wondering if anyone has used it or had any success....Knees are really getting to me with work and the concrete.... trying to deal until the replacements in late fall after our haying season is done.....
I have some tart cherry supplement, but haven't used much of it yet, because I wanted to see if other things will work first, which are working. I still will take the cherry supplement, since it contains anthocyanins, and may help further.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Send some rain my way! Dry and very hot here. 100F outside right now, my plants are wilting. Good weather to get washing dry quick, but I brought a huge grasshopper in with it.

I have just sat down with a cold milo to watch the news and browse the ikea site. My mum is bringing a trailer down from the city with a piano and new fridge for me, so I might as well fill that trailer up!
Do you play the piano?