Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Today I ran errands...feed store, auto parts. Feed store had just placed about 15 bags of discounted feed at front...ripped bags, little loss of contents. Bought 8 that I use, 50% off. :celebrate then on way home, scored 22 nice pumpkins for free....chickens and goats each got a couple, rest are in shade for other days.

Got home and changed out air filter on my truck, realigned fittings and solved the jumping crap that was happening last couple days. Runs well now. Not wanting to be a mechanic but, DS just didn't want to make the time. Trust me, his arse is grass next time he needs help. You know that ole payback thing. :mad: Then unloaded the pumpkins and 800# of feed, cleaned and filled water tubs.

But chores are all done a little early .... Just need to close up coops at dusk...then relax. Still sunny out! Nice. 😁 homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I need a coffee. I didn't get the time this morning to make one. Those cows are demanding! When they want to be milked, they want it NOW

i suspect you are soon to find out the other part of that equation for yourself and appreciate the feelings involved. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Someone’s dropping off pig halves to be butchered, and the vet is on her way for a farm call, blood draws for the sheep and annual shots for the LGD’s. Feeling super farmy today😂 even though I’m not totally in the mood for any of it. Might need more coffee😴

just reading that makes me want to take a nap. good luck! :)

i'll be outside for a while today once it warms up enough. frosty night last night.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Pig halves arrived at 9:15, vet arrived at 10. The vet (who we adore) complimented us on how smoothly it went and how we handled the animals, as well as showing a lot of appreciation for our kids, who were right there the whole time telling her details about each sheep 🤣 it rained until the vet got here, was sunny while she was here, then started raining again as she was getting in the truck. It’s been a good morning! Only mishap was one of the LGDs taking off with some of her supplies 😂