SSDreamin Blessings and curses

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:lol: I agree eggs would be the perfect complimentary food to go with the bacon. ;)

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
hqueen13 said:
OMG, so amazing!!!!
What do you put in the can with the bacon??
Eggs? :hide
:th

:p Hey, I just learned that you can can all kinds of stuff that I never knew you can. My grandmother and mom only used to do basics like green beans and tomatoes and jelly!!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, my litigation has gone into temporary hiatus. Love that uppity lawyer talk :lol: I finally met with a lawyer today. Now I think I know how speed daters feel. She cost $150/hour, so I talked as fast as I could! Got out of there with all my questions answered for $37.50 :gig

Found out we have to start over :rolleyes: If we went to court with what we have so far (a glitch - in DH's math! The horror! ) the judge would throw the case out on a technicality. So, we start over. Oh, well, practice makes perfect. It also make's for a bald headed Cindi, but that's what they make wigs for, right?!

In better news, I have once again tried to put myself in the hospital. I went out to gather eggs/change the chickens water with my son's snow boots on. I like his boots, because they are slightly too big for me, and the laces hook in, instead of go through eyelets. He used to lace them up, then slip in and out. So did I, up until the other day. Walking back to the house, when the laces loosened, came undone, and the lace from one boot 'hooked' on the other boot. I went from long strides, to baby stumbles, to face plant in a heartbeat! :lol: Bent my glasses, poked a hole in my eyelid and gave myself a beauty of a shiner (kept hoping somebody would ask me about it, so I could say "You should see the other guy" but they never did. DH says he has an alibi and witnesses that he was out of town, in case the police come knocking :gig ) Scratches all up one side, a honkin bruise on my shoulder and I'm pretty sure a mild concussion. But now, I'm right as rain. But now, I'm right as rain :lol: Honestly, after I got over the 5 minutes of OUCH! and checked to make sure the neighbors hadn't videotaped me and posted it on utube, I was laughing my butt off! I admit it, I have turned into the biggest klutz!!

Oh, did up 14 half pints of Velveeta for the hubster. FYI when canning Velveeta, it isn't like cheddar, so don't use the same canning time as cheddar, or you will end up with little jars of brown goop :sick DH insisted I keep them ' to use in casseroles and stuff'. Maybe casseroles only he will be eating! I had defrosted bacon to can up, but hubby ran off with it! Decided he was going to cook a big batch of breakfast tacos for himself and his house mates. Would love to be a fly on the wall when he attempts that! Oh, wait, I'll get the next best thing - fifteen phone calls asking "Honey, how do you do this?" "Cindi, I know you told me already three times, but how do I do this again?" :lol:

All the seedling talk on here makes me really wish I could start some! Oh well, soon, my precious, soon :D

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks Dragonlaurel,

Fine as frogs hair, as they say in TX! It was actually pretty funny over all. DH says I better either become a make up artist or my eye better look normal before he gets home, or he ain't going nowhere with me! :lol:

Actually, I like canning Velveeta better than canning cheddar. The process is the same (you cube it up and melt it down inside jars that are simmering in a shallow pot of water - it melts fairly quick), but processing is a lot faster. Fifteen minutes in a waterbath canner (for half pints) and viola, canned Velveeta! :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope you really are OK! That sounds painful.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Are you taking it a little easy on your shoulder and head? I go down fast every once in a while too. Hope you are "right as rain" this morning!