Staying home now...what ways can I save money over working?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I know one bird that I'd love to be able to hunt is the mourning dove. But, you can't hunt them in NJ. :(

Frugal Que

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I LOVE the Craiglist posting idea. I just posted an ad on our local CL so I will let all of you know the response that I get.

Frugal Que

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Well I posted the ad and it was immediately flagged on Craigslist. I know it is a sensitive issue around this but it should not have been flagged.

Jared77

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
What did you put up that got it flagged? Can you cut/paste what you put? Im curious why it got flagged.

Frugal Que

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
This was my ad:

Title was: unwanted chicken, ducks, turkey, etc

Do you have some non producing chickens or too many roosters? Have a mean bird? I will take them off your hands. They do need to be healthy (any size, breed or age - banty or large fowl). They will treated humanely and will be used to help feed my family.

They will NOT be used for fighting, NOT be abused, and NOT be neglected. We raise other animals and take great care of them.

Will pick up on weekends.

In your email, please state your appromate location (eg. SE, NE).

I used almost verbatim the suggested wording and it was flagged twice.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Probably by a PETA member. :/ The Seattle craigslist is crazy! Animal overlovers everywhere flagging everything and then posting nasty comments about the person they flagged. :rolleyes:

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
That is strange....I placed MY ad, very similar....in the same Portland CL. I did not get any response though.

ruthless

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Frugal Que said:
Well I posted the ad and it was immediately flagged on Craigslist. I know it is a sensitive issue around this but it should not have been flagged.
A lot of times being flagged has nothing to do with the ad itself, jerky people just go thru and flag to aggravate people. Sometimes it is kids getting on there and flagginf everything. Also sometimes the competition will flag your ad.

Just have a copy of your ad on your computer somewhere and keep posting it. Did you put it in the Farm and garden section, that would probably be best place, I think

ruthless

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
BTW, enjoying this thread and entire site very much.
Lots of great reading and ideas!

Ruth, living on 10 acres in SW Missouri