Stepped on a Rusty Nail

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Why is it you constantly BUMP your toe when it is stubbed or hurt? :he
:lol: I don't know, but you're right! I've already bumped it on the coffee table twice this morning! I'm glad it's not just me!

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This may be a good time to pay a contribution to the medical establishment in exchange for a tetnus shot.

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sure hope your toe feels better soon. Its best to let puncture wounds bleed as much as possible to get dirt and stuff out.

But this sure has got me thinking. I havent had a tetanus shot since high school some time. Dont know what year in high school I got one, Im thinking it was my Freshman year. But Ive been out of school for 16 years.. I havent gotten any shots at all in almost two decades. Oh wait about five years ago I got a TB test so I could work at a senior home, but I guess that dont count.. LOL

Maybe I should look into getting one.

Living the Simple Life

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My stepdaughter did this a few years ago. Even though her tetanus was up to date, she still ended up with a major infection which required a pic line and at-home iv antibiotics. Puncture wounds are VERY serious.

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
k15n1 said:
This may be a good time to pay a contribution to the medical establishment in exchange for a tetnus shot.
:thumbsup

Please go and get a Tetanus shot :)

StupidBird

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Ditto on seeing the doc. Ages ago, my brother did that, and got a major bone infection. No insurance, so ended up on sister's couch with drains and IV...the ER wouldn't even see him without my sis signing her life away first, even though by that time he was delirious with fever and the swelling was nasty.

So don't fool around, get that puncture CLEANED with the nasty stuff.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Waaay back, I asked if you had any mother in your vinegar. :D Braggs does have mother in it, but not the jelly like, weird looking stuff that is in homemade ACV. I read that if you keep some in a jar, you can pinch off some to use as a pain reliever on cuts, scrapes, etc. I tried it once and was surprised that it worked, but an hour later it was hurting again.

Hope you're soaking your foot now. I had a friend that did hot soaks with a bar of Ivory soap floating in the pan. She swore by it. I had to soak my hand three times a day in hot soapy water after a nasty dog bite. I just had DH buy a couple bars of antibacterial soap and used one in the pan. I still had to be on antibiotics for a couple weeks, but was told to do the soaks until it healed...6 weeks. I was real sick of it by then.

Sorry, I wasn't really awake yet this morning when I first posted. Hope you're feeling better now. :hugs

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I will NEVER forget when my tetanus shot is due.

In 1990 my aunt had a barbeque at her house on the 4th of July. Every one was there, including my cousin who was a recent Medical school graduate. We were a hard looking farming bunch. The barbeque was great - all of the usual good foods with promises of homemade ice cream for dessert. You could hear several ice cream makers humming on the back porch.

After a while they made the call, "Line up for homemade ice cream!" and of course we all did. At the beginning of the line we all stopped by a table and were issued a nice big bowl and a spoon, then one at a time we went around the corner where the ice cream was being served. The catch in that game was that my cousin and a friend who was a nurse were waiting around the corner with a tetanus shot for each of us!!

After we got our shot my cousin, who was relishing this game, would slap us hard on the backside and announce, "There now you are good until 2000!"

We did get some homemade ice cream, I don't remember the flavor, but I will never forget when my next shot is due. :lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OW on the toe
OUCH on the shot

yea you need it.

get some antibotics probably while there also. hurt toe means hurting walking and we all gotta walk and move fast to get it all done :lol:

good luck on the foot!

Latest posts