Still here!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Maybe if you stand in your front yard on one foot, with the other foot strait out behind you, hold your cell phone in one hand, and a big stick in the other, in a neon green tutu, and tall plad socks and hunter orange heels....... :hide

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
this sounds like something i would do

more often than not i wear my over the knee black and white striped beetlejuice socks
orange yellow purple teal and white colored flowered ballet flats
knee length pink sweat pant capris my husbands hanes tshirt
and my old lavender maternity (youngest is 5) cardigan

i look absolutely crazy at times but i love it

my friend came unannounced once and i didnt know he was walking to the door as i was walking out the door............the look on his face said it all...what the he** happened to you

my husband looks at him and says you better leave my wifes socks alone....as if that was the only thing wrong with the way i was dressed

the funny farm6 said:
Maybe if you stand in your front yard on one foot, with the other foot strait out behind you, hold your cell phone in one hand, and a big stick in the other, in a neon green tutu, and tall plad socks and hunter orange heels....... :hide

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
Have you been snooping through my closet? :lol:

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
The way I dress for the dairy would say it all! Knee high pink rubber boots with black knee socks, shorts, ball cap and t-shirt. Quite the fashion statement I'm told! Tomorrow we are hitting an estate sale early as we still have no furniture to speak of and then taking the computer out to the new place to see if there is a spot inside anywhere to get a signal. I figure with my luck it will be in the bathroom. Wish us luck!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I'm standing and typing on the computer on a dresser (the computer is on a dresser, not me). Don't even have my foot out the window but the computer almost is out the window. Sometimes it switches to global access which I'[m not sure about but otherwise is working fine. Yay! Now if we could just get moved!!!!!!

We did get a washer/dryer at the estate sale but decided against the table and chairs we had held for us. Now we have the washer/dryer and a dresser. Oh well, we will get there eventually!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My daughter would fight you over those socks. She has a sock fetish. And she regularly goes out to chore in black muck boots, and whatever t-shirt she wore to bed. Plus either her sponge bob night pants, or her hoochy shorts that are too short to be deicent (she only gets to wear them here).

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Hi again! Haven't been on here since May or June and now we get a signal sitting outside so I will try to get on once a week or so. I've been checking mail every couple of weeks and maybe facebook but it's hot out here! We are in our mobile home out in the country near bils ranch and it is beautiful! The dogs are fine and Buddy hasn't had a seizure for almost 3 months now. I think the Sam -E is healing his liver. Hoping to get a garden are disced up soon. I have been putting whey from the dairy on the area for a few weeks now. No chickens or goats yet. Eventually. We have some furniture. It is still easy to clean house since it is not overcrowded yet. AT&T is laying fiber optic cable right in front of our house but I can't get an answer as to when they will hook it up. We go into town about every week and a half and to Walmart about once a month. We made our wooden fence dog proof and I will have photos when I have a better connection. We built our porch railing, making one section a gate so we can open it to bring in furniture easier. DH has built some furniture. Next is a bookcase I think.

I just want to say that I miss you all and think about you daily (and guiltily for not getting on here). Thanks for listening!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:ya Snap! I've been wondering how you were doing! Sounds like you are adjusting to the peaceful country life just fine ;) So good to hear Buddy is doing better! Can't wait until you can post updated pictures!

:frow

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thanks SS! It will be much easier when I can get online in the house instead of in 100 degree heat out on the porch like right now! Come on Autumn!!!!!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it is to see you here! :celebrate I've missed ya bunches! :hugs

So glad to hear that Buddy is doing better and that you have finally gotten settled in your new home! :hugs

I hear you on the heat...it's 102F in the shade here today. :th I'm more ready for winter at this point! :hide Have you been getting much rain?

Looking forward to seeing pix when you finally get a chance! ;)