Still on the fence with Fluoride?

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
k15n1 said:
This is almost a religious issue.
What the heck is that supposed to mean?
It seems like it's a matter of belief. Both sides cite evidence that they think is convincing but that the other side does not accept.

I should probably just keep my mouth shut. It's not like avoiding fluoride is going to kill you. But brush your teeth a little extra, just in case.

Has anyone read the Magnesium Miracle book? Just curious what it's about... Are there biochemistry details? References? I see the author has a standard medical education, which is generally a good thing for someone writing books about human health.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Flouride is like soy... it is an industrial waste product we have been convinced to ingest on a regular basis despite evidence it is harmful.
Do you have any evidence that the fluoride used in water supplies is a waste produce? I find it hard to believe. But I'm open to reading whatever made you believe this.

Anyway, read about clean tech. It includes using the waste from manufacturing operations as the input for another industry. Obviously, not what you want for food products, but there are good examples out there. For example, I watched a YouTube video of a small business that was manufacturing plastic decking out of plastic motor-oil bottles. Heating a community with the waste heat from a factory is another good example.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
k15n1 said:
Wifezilla said:
Flouride is like soy... it is an industrial waste product we have been convinced to ingest on a regular basis despite evidence it is harmful.
Do you have any evidence that the fluoride used in water supplies is a waste produce? I find it hard to believe. But I'm open to reading whatever made you believe this.

Anyway, read about clean tech. It includes using the waste from manufacturing operations as the input for another industry. Obviously, not what you want for food products, but there are good examples out there. For example, I watched a YouTube video of a small business that was manufacturing plastic decking out of plastic motor-oil bottles. Heating a community with the waste heat from a factory is another good example.
I don't feel like digging around a huge amount because I'm finishing up a study on coral bleaching today just to start another tomorrow. (marine biology --> conservation student lol) but here's a good blog I just read, I could gra. Something scholarly but that'd require more then my iPhone ;)

http://real-agenda.com/2011/04/01/fluoride-is-a-toxic-industrial-waste-product/

It doesn't seem to directly have a harmful effect on the earth, however indirectly I'm not a fan of fertilizer plants or, well, most plants in general. (ie soy is super super harmful for the earth!)