stopped by GoodWill today

Wallybear

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I stopped by the GoodWill today with my wife and we walked out of there with several good buys.

#1 I found a brand new and complete MR Beer home brew kit for $15. I was just looking at these on line last week and was getting ready to spend the $85 on the exact same kit.

#2 My wife found a 2 gallon bucket of Legos for $7. These are of course are for the boys to play with but also these would sell for closer to $60 on the net. I know of at least one guy who deals in Legos and sells on Ebay, So when the boys out grow them, we can sell them for a profit.

#3 I bought a very thick 91/2" copper bowl for .99 cents. This bowl has a hammered finish and has a round bottom. I bought it knowing that there is at least $5 in scrap copper, but also realized that it was an egg beating bowl and was almost excited to find it. When I got home I did some research and found out that used ones start out at around $20

#4 I picked up a good telescope tripod for $8. I will use it with a little modifications for my PSL sniper rifle for making long range shooting. A very sturdy tripod and is exactly what I have been looking for. This is going to work really well when making stands for Eastern Washington coyotes where shots can be out to 600-800 yards.

It was a good day at the GoodWill.

Kala

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I :love those stores! I need to stop by ours now tommorrow after reading this!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
We have a goodwill outlet store near us. I just love it. Most of the stuff we own, came from there.

mostly it is a matter of timing. But as long as you kinda know what you want and can recognize stuff for what it is, you can get amazing deals. I really should get up early tomorrow and visit our store ;) :p

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Great finds!!
I need to hit the Goodwill. Time for some Spring clothes :D

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Love Goodwill, especially the Goodwill outlets! When my kids were growing up, we bought clothes at a $1 a pound. You can get an awful lot of kids clothes at a buck a pound...

This week, I got a terracotta baker that retails for $50, for under $5 at the local Goodwill. I'm watching for canning jars though. That's what I'm hoping for!

Cindlady2

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The Goodwill in our town left a few years ago, however we have 2 other second hand stores (both charity stores) that serve well. A few months ago I got a 52 piece set of Corral dishes for $20. I love those places!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I've never gotten a good deal at the thrift stores around here. Mostly, it's junk, and over priced junk at that. :/

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Same here Deb
My goodwill and others are mostly junky. The store smells musty too LOL

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Great finds!!
I need to hit the Goodwill. Time for some Spring clothes :D
I got all my spring/summer clothes last winter. Now I'm getting next year's winter clothes! Of course, I only look at the half-price ones. I'm making out like a bandit.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My goodwill overprices everything, never has sales and I don't qualify for any discounts. BUT I still shop there. And even manage to find some good deals.

I did complain last time that they need to have some consistency in their pricing.

There was an 8 inch cast iron, no brand pan. I know the tag said 4.99 but it looked like a 9. The young gal who I did not know, I know mostly all the cashiers. Told me it was a great pan and it should be 9.99. I said that's fine keep it I have 3 that size.

Then bought one of those insulated work wear jump suits. Kinda like Carhartt but an different brand. For 14 bucks. The thing must be worth 80.00. Go figure.

g

Latest posts