Sttttttrrrreeettcch IT...

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
In this day and age of recession...I find that shopping online makes way mre sense than driving all over and not finding what you are looking for. Wasting time and gas. I can do an online search, and find the product, and then decide whether it is better to drive and fetch it, or have it delivered. I am down to knowing how much gas it will take me to travel to find a certain thing. Or, pay the shipping.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
moxies_chickennuggets said:
In this day and age of recession...I find that shopping online makes way mre sense than driving all over and not finding what you are looking for. Wasting time and gas. I can do an online search, and find the product, and then decide whether it is better to drive and fetch it, or have it delivered. I am down to knowing how much gas it will take me to travel to find a certain thing. Or, pay the shipping.
Heck I think all but maybe two of our online purchases (and we made a lot of them....) were free shipping. At that point its not really worth me going to the store when it will show up at my house! We did do "in store pickup" on a few items, mostly for the convenience of getting it *right now* but saved with the % back through the website purchase.
Strategy pays off! :D

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I scoop out the last of my lipstick and add vaseline for a lip balm...

I don;t know how trully effective it is...but ...with the high cost of gas
when ever I am able to stretch a bit coasting..makes me feel a tad bit more in controll

ok really bad I know...bit I did get a swiffer mop when we moved.....I soak disposable cloths in 1/2 bleach solution too reuse..
and soak the batch in vinigar fabric softner concoction.. and even then use both sides of cloth...then save bleach concoction ...

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
cheepo said:
I scoop out the last of my lipstick and add vaseline for a lip balm...

I don;t know how trully effective it is...but ...with the high cost of gas
when ever I am able to stretch a bit coasting..makes me feel a tad bit more in controll

ok really bad I know...bit I did get a swiffer mop when we moved.....I soak disposable cloths in 1/2 bleach solution too reuse..
and soak the batch in vinigar fabric softner concoction.. and even then use both sides of cloth...then save bleach concoction ...
Just a couple of cautions here:

Vaseline is a petroleum product, and anything you put on your lips eventually gets "eaten".

YMMV, but I'm not personally into eating petroleum products (but then I'd never put Vaseline on my skin anywhere on my body either as it gets absorbed into the skin). Also, and please bear in mind that I'm a "no-makeup ever" hippie type, lipstick and makeup is made out of pure crap (just read a few books like There's Lead in My Lipstick? and No More Dirty Looks and you'll be terrified of cosmetics for the rest of your life) plus it collects bacteria from your skin every time you use it, which then multiplies like crazy within the makeup itself--definitely something you don't want on your mouth. Again, YMMV.

Bleach loses it's germ-killing power within a few hours of being diluted with water, so re-using it just makes things "smell" bleachy, it won't kill germs.

I don't know much about Swiffers, but I have a similar dollar-store mop that I just use with a microfibre cloth. Once I've used it, the cloth goes in the laundry and it's clean each time I mop :)

Latest posts