Study Links Soda Consumption to Pancreatic Cancer

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
That is SO true. It amazes me the things some people eat and think they are being healthy. Low fat Oreos? !!!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
That is SO true. It amazes me the things some people eat and think they are being healthy. Low fat Oreos? !!!
:lol:

I am far from perfect either, I like my morning coffee and an occasional drink. I stuffed a few girl scout cookies in my mouth last week (got the worst indigestion too!).

I am not out to slap anyone for their choices. It is important to learn about what we are eating and make changes accordingly. Life and food should be enjoyed....we just have to make sure we are not *enjoying* too much of the wrong stuff!

The point of starting this thread was to open up conversation. :frow

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm one of the most un-informed people you will ever meet when it comes to things like this. I am learning tho, and like it or not, some of you are becoming my gurus :lol:
I like it that I can open a thread such as this and read different views all in one place. At the very least, I learn what I should learn more about.

claud

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
I'm one of the most un-informed people you will ever meet when it comes to things like this. I am learning tho, and like it or not, some of you are becoming my gurus :lol:
I like it that I can open a thread such as this and read different views all in one place. At the very least, I learn what I should learn more about.
That's great that you are trying to become informed.

I always say if you focus on eliminating processed foods and empty calories you are off to a great start(except for a rare treat).

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
claud said:
The Vail Benton's said:
That's great that you are trying to become informed.

I always say if you focus on eliminating processed foods and empty calories you are off to a great start(except for a rare treat).
In the spirit of learning, if you also like to read, I am currently reading two books that are very informative.

The Way We Eat, Why Our Food Choices Matter, and Ecoholic, both books I am learning alot from.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
"Good Calories, Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes is a great one too.

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, I'm currently using root beer to bribe my kids to clean the house. Now, does this put me in the "bad" catagory for giving my kids soda? or the "good" catagory because it happens so rarely that I can use it as a bribe? ;)