Stupid Time??

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
okay, stupid. Or looking stupid?
We took the kids to the movies, the theatre has three levels.
Between levels there is an escalator and sets of stairs next to them.
Now, when the movie got out the kids ran for the escalators, you know how much "fun" those are.

Well, one of my sons decides to run up the down escalator.
I automatically just ran after him thinking, danger, this is a bad idea.
Well he gets to the top, I get halfway up and I am getting mighty tired.
So now I get 3 quarters of the way up and he jumps off.
My husband who had take the correct escalator with the other kids is standing there with a group of people, no lie, laughing at me.
They had seen me run after him, then get to nearly the top and I could not get all the way up.
It was like running on a treadmill, but do you think I just stopped and rode it down and then got on the right one?
No I decided I would just finish the climb and get off, oh and I was wearing flip flops.
By the time I got to the top people were clapping and cheering for me.
One older gentleman had been leaning against the pillar with his arms folded across his chest patiently watching the "show" with great amusement on his face.
My husband was doubled over, tellling me how funny it was to see me running up the escalator in flip flops.
So now I was so flustered and anxious to get out of there that as I took my daughter's hand to leave I knocked over a big movie cutout.
I bent over to pick it up and knocked someone's popcorn otu of their hands.
My husband was like you will neve be allowed back here ya know and my teenage son said they probably have a video tape of this from the security cameras and they are laughing their butts off at you, or maybe it will end up on the internet.
The whole way home in the car, every time my husband looked at me he burst out laughing, he said he kept getting a visual of me in my flip flops determined to make it to the top.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I asked ds#2 who is 9 to adjust the thermostat on their end of the house when he went to bed. Weeellll he did not turn on the light & thught he went to high, sooooooo he hit the down button & at 2:30am dd(2) woke me up crying & as i walked out of our bedrm I was hit with cooler air & as I progressed toward her room, needless to say it got a lot colder. I turned on the light & the temp was 64 & it was set at 62!!!!!!! The ac had been running for about 4 1/2 hrs straight!!!! We had a elec bill over $300 for Aug. But a week after that happened we went over 4 hrs without elec during a storm & I had hoped that would help balance out the bill, but to no avail it was high:barnie.
Needless to say I will not make that mistake again. Not until I have really taught him how to work the thermostat.

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh I am having so much fun reading all of these! I'm just LMBO!!!!

I do stupid things all the time. I'm just too chaotic to remember them after a couple hours! No kidding! So if I don't tell anybody about them.. they're long forgotten, and well, that just means they never happened, right? ;)

I constantly start cooking things and get distracted and forget about them until the burn smell is overwhelming. (DD's grilled cheese sandwich yesterday)

I've gotten dressed from the waist up, and left my pajama bottoms on, and got in the car and left up the driveway w/out noticing until the end of the driveway when I put my seat belt on. Have done that one a few times. I have no idea why I didn't get dressed all the way on those days? Just get sidetracked from a kid needing something? Dunno? It's crazy!

Thanks for the laughs ladies!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I like to well, flash my husband..trying to explain this and still keep it friendly.

FIL was down visiting. I forgot he was here, saw hubby coming to the door, and in my excitement to see him...well um...FIL went home in a hurry....and I keep my shirt on now.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Simple Life...that was priceless...I needed a good laugh tonite and you were it...so sorry, but thanks:>) I could just picture the whole thing as I read....RFLOL! The only thing better would have been being there!

I am soooo happy I am not the only one who ends up in the craziest circumstances in public...

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
I like to well, flash my husband..trying to explain this and still keep it friendly.

FIL was down visiting. I forgot he was here, saw hubby coming to the door, and in my excitement to see him...well um...FIL went home in a hurry....and I keep my shirt on now.
Haha! FIL must just love you! When my DH used to mow the lawn at another house where we lived I decided it would be funny one day while the kids were napping to do a striptease in the picture window for him while he mowed...He got quite a chuckle...yup, he always laughs when I get silly.
We got an even better chuckle the following week when he was out there mowing the lawn and my 3 year old daughter was...yup, doing the same thing...in front of the window for daddy! Haha I guess she wasn't where I thought she was (napping) that afternoon when I did it:>)

heatherv

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

OMGosh.. I have tears rollin' down my cheeks from LOL so hard at these! Just classic! That's so hilariuos!

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
heatherv said:
Thanks for the laughs ladies!
What about the guys? Is this forum for ladies only? If it is then I am going to file a complaint.