Such a shame or is that sham?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My washing machine stopped spinning a couple of days ago-- they tried to sell us a new machine, but hubby went inside and checked-- sure enough it's a broken belt (what I thought soon as I smelled the burning rubber)... a new belt cost $18.00... I knew there was a reason to keep him around, lol!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My washing machine stopped spinning a couple of days ago-- they tried to sell us a new machine, but hubby went inside and checked-- sure enough it's a broken belt (what I thought soon as I smelled the burning rubber)... a new belt cost $18.00... I knew there was a reason to keep him around, lol!

There you go... +1 for us guys :) if the ladies don't find you handsome, then they should find you handy.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My MotoX 2nd gen cell phone that I'm using right now needed a new battery. If you never worked on microelectronics well let's just say everything is tiny. I texted my favorite daughter-in-law who I've nick named Fav this.
Screenshot_2018-12-11-21-53-33.png

I ordered the battery from eBay.
Screenshot_2018-12-11-21-57-07.png

She took my cell phone apart put the new battery in (not an easy task) and fired it up everything works and I have a new battery :)

I love my Fav, she's so awesome. Plus she gave me two cute as a button grand daughters. She's a manager where the make electronics for several models and makes of new cars.
IMG_20181211_220000.jpg

A new cell phone is EXPENSIVE... So this battery replacement was a big win!

+1 for Favorite daughter in laws!

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cell phone chargers - Made in China crap, how to fix, easy smeazy!

Problem
After market cell phone chargers Made in China for Android make / models. The tiny little end that you stick into you phone works for a couple of weeks. Then it gets so loose you have to wiggle it in order for it to make the needed connection to charge the cell phone battery. Eventually it gets so bad you get mad and burn it or throw it in the trash and go and buy another Made in China peice of crap cell phone charger for Android. Well, i'm here to tell you don't get mad and don't waste your money - fix it instead.

Cause
The metal used to make the housing for the little tiny connector is so thin you can bend it with your finternail. Like most crap that comes from China, it's works for a little while then stops. This is usually do to shoty workmanship or the use of inferior materials.

Solution
Take a pair of pliers and gently squeeze the sides of the connect to bend the cheap inferior metal case back into place. As shown in the following picture. This requires a gentle hand since the metal is so thin, to much pressure and you'll crush the case. Keep your pliers handy because the above procedure will need to be repeated after about a dozen or so uses of your cheap made in China piece of crap Android cell phone charger.
IMG_20181217_204010590.jpg

Results
Now your cheap made in China piece of crap Android cell phone charger works again and stay tight in the phone jack plug. And you just saved yourself $8 to $10 which the cost of another new made in China piece of crap cell phone charger from CVS or Dollar General or Walmart or any other fine United States of America establishment that sells new after market made in China piece of crap Android cell phone chargers.

Remember...
1) If the ladies don't find you handsome, they should find you handy.

2) Made in China, Fixed by American!

Last edited: