Sufficient Self members with Poultry!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
"Egg-speriment" results.
IMG_20220906_170212573~2.jpg

Most definitely like sugar baby watermelon better.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Dreamz ... I tried to zoom in on the picture and I would say that #1 is a cockeral. It looks like his hackles are getting more pointed.. and the sickle feathers seem to be developing. Cubalaya's tend to take a little longer to develop... at least the ones I have seen in the purebred poultry world. Had a friend that raised them for a few years. Good ones are not seen much. Never seen a sebright crossed with cubalaya.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@farmerjan well, consider yourself as witnessing 2 of them,lol
Here are all four with Lil'Mama.
20220831_184741.jpg

Here is Pitbull my Cubalaya. He is believed to be the only rooster to have only one hen,lol He will not mate the other 6 and Lil'Mama is still with the babies. She needs to get a life of her own but she has those peeps so spoiled, lol they still get under her wings and walk all over her. Poor Lil'Mama!
20220805_080541.jpg

Here is Pitbull with his only hen Baby'mama.
20220811_133006.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Look rather girly to me, but with sebright might make it confusing. I don't know if the hen feathering on the roosters passes along in crossbreeds
The tail feathers are just like Pitbull, kind of shining-greenish if the is a word but it does best describes it. Has barely any comb and kind of flat dark area unlike the one that is crowing which has a bit of comb like Lil'Mama with pointy tip on top. It has not crow but the feathers make me so doubtful.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Pitbull is a purebred. He just didn't had the colors they were looking for, so sold to me for 15 bucks. His mama is a Cubalaya hen and she is kind of wheat color.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan well, consider yourself as witnessing 2 of them,lol
Here are all four with Lil'Mama.
View attachment 20196

Here is Pitbull my Cubalaya. He is believed to be the only rooster to have only one hen,lol He will not mate the other 6 and Lil'Mama is still with the babies. She needs to get a life of her own but she has those peeps so spoiled, lol they still get under her wings and walk all over her. Poor Lil'Mama!
View attachment 20197

Here is Pitbull with his only hen Baby'mama.
View attachment 20199
Beautiful chickens 👍 I never viewed a chicken for it's beauty before this thread. To me they were just for eggs and supper. I may need to rethink that 👍

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, good morning! Decided to get up earlier to fill ducks water at the henmotel and finally saw the bird in question give it a hard try to crowing. Maybe he was waiting for his brother to be established or was just learning a little longer. So now I have 2 cockerels and 1 rooster. Wonder how oddly the new cockerels will mate with the 2yr old ladies. I am mixing more the Cubalaya but would like to see the leghorns, the ISA and the RIR as mamas, lol It's not gonna happen, they do not like boys so far. I guess I need more chickens. Leghorns are crazy chickens but give the biggest eggs to me. My ISA is my go to layer. Has not skipped a day in 2 yrs. Thank for trying. Nature gave the answer.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Was taking pictures this evening to show the difference between a regular chicken foot vs the polydactyl foot of a silkie. I don't have any of the other polydactyl breeds so I don't know how their foot might differ from a silkie.

I think the feathers add to the prehistoric dino vibe.

20220907_194341.jpg
20220907_193803.jpg