Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Howdy there fellow SS'ers. With the permission of Nifty we are going to start a Bible Study group. This is a positive group of people, we are not going to hurt others. We're going to be kind. No bashing people or other religions, please leave the flame throwers in the closet. I want this to be a good thing for all who participate. Lets be respectful to all.

:D :D BarredBuff :D :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
find a copy of of "wild at heart" by John Eldredge and read it before you make any final decisions.
I am talking to you as one man to another.

Towards the end of the book, he talks about a quote from author Gil Bailie

Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

We sometimes confuse what we are called to do with what we *think* we are called to do because we are told it's the "right and proper" thing to do.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Prayer request for me please!

I am contemplating changing my collegiate plans to help me in my walk with the Lord. I am thinking about attending Bible College to pursue a Pastoral Ministry degree. I know it is my calling, but following this would take a large leap of faith. Pray for His guidance in my life.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The book is written by a pastor, and was referred to me by a pastor friend. Please do spend the time to read it. I wish an older man would have understood this and mentored me on it when I was your age. Would have saved me a lot a grief and heartbreak.

Available via PM if you want to discuss offline.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm reading thru the Bible, but haven't figured out what I want to study for now. (I try to read thru it every year)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Prayer said for you and your family. I know that sounds rather weak as words of comfort, but it's the only thing one can do in the face of death and sorrow that is constructive or helpful.