Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
MsPony said:
Lol, I can't even say GOD in front of anyone! I'm used to having to clarify what I mean about god.

The only person I'm comfortable talking religion with is my jewish coworker.

However, if ANY christian media comes in to our store or messengers (forget the technical name) we have to hide/shoo them out faster then heat under their behinds. My boss is lesbian and hasn't had any good experiences :(
I DO feel your pain MsPony. This year at the school where I work I was feeling pretty chipper about the coming Winter Break that happens before Christmas.

I wished several of my co-worker friends Merry Christmas, not even trying to get into the true spiritual Jesus birth side of it, as we were leaving. (NO KIDS ABOUT that would have been illegal.) I got LOTS of responses. NONE positive. I came hope pretty down from the whole experience.

I intended to be up beat and seasonal, instead I got my head bit off. I am not ashamed of my Jesus. I am who I am and their nasties won't change that. I was surprised and shocked at the venom level however.

added - I am with Wanna Jesus love is for everyone! Also, sin is sin - no matter which sin or who is doing it.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
So, has any one here started reading 1 John yet?
I read it this a.m. now I am going back and studying :D Beutiful book!!

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmFresh, what part of Mo. do you live in? I live in Mo as well close to 'springfield. At my work place we say a prayer before every meeting and give a prayer request on the monthly calendar. I feel blessed that I have a Christian boss and work for a orginization that still keeps Jesus in their mission statement. each month our boss has someone to give a reading as well and how it should impact our daily lives as well as how we should incorporate it into the the care that we give to pur patients. I did start John 1 two days ago but haven't read anymore

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
KC area in the heart of the Big City/Big Suburb land.

The attitude is not everywhere thank goodness, but where it is it is bad.

We have a cousin that used to live near Greenfield. The southern half of the state is still much more religious. St. Louis, KC and all the metropolises on that I-70 strip seem to be far more secular. Where sin abounds they have rejected Christ.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
That's really sad! :( I guess all the censorship hasn't reached small towns like the one I live near. They can do just about anything they want in the schools and the community. I don't really regard WV as truly southern but we mostly hold true to the Christian faith here and don't have any problem expressing it.

When my boys were in school I requested alternate materials when they taught about evolution and that request was honored. My boys didn't have to sit and listen to or take tests on evolution and no one made a fuss about that at all. It's nice to still have that level of freedom of religion that so many places have lost.
I wish I had suggested that to my Mom. BUT we havent had it drilled in our heads much.........

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My D1 ended up causing her teacher to stop the evolution training early. :D ;)

She was so well educated by hubby (and me some) that she had a reasonable question the teacher could not answer or a scientific counter for EVERYTHING the teacher had to offer. :D Frustrated the teacher (and made her VERY mad as well) to the point that she just gave up! :clap

It takes much more faith to believe the story of evolution than it does to prove Creation.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
My D1 ended up causing her teacher to stop the evolution training early. :D ;)

She was so well educated by hubby (and me some) that she had a reasonable question the teacher could not answer or a scientific counter for EVERYTHING the teacher had to offer. :D Frustrated the teacher (and made her VERY mad as well) to the point that she just gave up! :clap

It takes much more faith to believe the story of evolution than it does to prove Creation.
What was the question I may have to put it in my arsenal?????

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
How true! And, while I'm sure most of us on here that are professing Christians aren't ashamed of Jesus, I'm sure we all, in one way or another, deny Him. How often do we let a chance for witnessing go by, or not object when someone uses the Lord's name in vain. I'm guilty of this myself, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
How about, where you there? Or, what FACTS do you base that on?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
How true! And, while I'm sure most of us on here that are professing Christians aren't ashamed of Jesus, I'm sure we all, in one way or another, deny Him. How often do we let a chance for witnessing go by, or not object when someone uses the Lord's name in vain. I'm guilty of this myself, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
:hides

BUT Im working on it! Im gonna crack heads soon!