Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I feel such peace today! :weee I can remember what my life was like before I started trusting Jesus with my worries and fears and it was simply awful! I can't imagine what it would be like right now to still be bearing those burdens. That all abiding peace and the feeling of being individually loved and cared for is the most precious thing in my life....anyone else realizing just how lost they were?

I hope you all are feeling a special love and blessing today! :love
This is the passage that has been speaking to me this past couple of days. In fact the whole chapter.

Dear friends let us love one another, for love comes from God.
Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
I John 4:7

And also:

And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7

Love and peace. I am so thankful!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
WW!!!!!!! Where have you been, woman!!!!! I missed you! How are you?? :D :hugs Long time no see!

Great verses! I finally finished the Bible recently...for the first time, can you believe it? Am starting over on the New Testament and will follow that with the Old...I'm sure I missed things along the way. I find that I love finding verses I had forgotten or didn't know about....like finding a new tool you've been looking for a long time to do a job you didn't know how to do without that tool....does that make sense? I am gaining new strength and understanding the more I read the Word.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
WW!!!!!!! Where have you been, woman!!!!! I missed you! How are you?? :D :hugs Long time no see!
Ditto this! How wonderful to see you here!

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Beekissed said:

Great verses! I finally finished the Bible recently...for the first time, can you believe it? Am starting over on the New Testament and will follow that with the Old...I'm sure I missed things along the way. I find that I love finding verses I had forgotten or didn't know about....like finding a new tool you've been looking for a long time to do a job you didn't know how to do without that tool....does that make sense? I am gaining new strength and understanding the more I read the Word.
:hugs
I have been around every now and then. Still have 2 teens I am homeschooling. Also working with teens in Awana.
I've been busy with that and canning and cleaning out my house. I live with a family of packrats! lol
I feel that I might be moving soon so I'm trying to get things in order.

There is so much power in the Word! I love finding just the right verse for the situation. I totally get it,
the Word is a sword. I am teaching the kids to look for how God answers prayer. Praying scripture is so powerful, too!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well Ya'll, I'm here because I am having a hard time lately with my faith. Not that I don't believe, oh I do without a reasonable doubt, I just don't seem to be able to beat the fears and anxieties, don't seem to know how to trust God. Don't know how to experience the love of God lately. I was a preachers kid and was taught all about the fire and brimstone and consequences of not believing...but somehow completely missed out on the love of God part. Sometimes i wonder if I believe simply out of fear of not believing...does that make sense? But lately I am one big anxiety filled ball of emotions...and having a hard time with it. Please pray for me

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
You got it, Morel. You know we'll pray for you :)

And I totally get where you are.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Well Ya'll, I'm here because I am having a hard time lately with my faith. Not that I don't believe, oh I do without a reasonable doubt, I just don't seem to be able to beat the fears and anxieties, don't seem to know how to trust God. Don't know how to experience the love of God lately. I was a preachers kid and was taught all about the fire and brimstone and consequences of not believing...but somehow completely missed out on the love of God part. Sometimes i wonder if I believe simply out of fear of not believing...does that make sense? But lately I am one big anxiety filled ball of emotions...and having a hard time with it. Please pray for me
Will do so!!! :hugs

Morel, it really helped me a lot to overcome those anxieties when I started reading up on God's will for our lives and how it differs from our own, in most cases. Once I realized why I was here, the anxieties and fears that came along with the course of living my own life seemed to fade away. I had read a lot! Worry and the need to solve the problems seems to be built into my DNA, so it is taking a lot to override that natural reflex to try to sort out the difficulties in my life all by myself.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morel, a great big ball of emotions. ugh, been there but for me truly it is the dreaded menapause flinging hormones all around.

You will overcome. You do believe and you know the power is there for help! Hang in there :)

When I feel the need, truly just look around you. There is beauty and power right in front of you...draw the strength from it. It helps.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
*They will, not mine* is one of the scariest parts of the whole thing for me...I seem to fight that one alot..."But Lord, that means you can do what you will with me and that scares me to death!'

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
Morel, a great big ball of emotions. ugh, been there but for me truly it is the dreaded menapause flinging hormones all around.

You will overcome. You do believe and you know the power is there for help! Hang in there :)

When I feel the need, truly just look around you. There is beauty and power right in front of you...draw the strength from it. It helps.
I am really hitting the menopausal symptoms the past 6 months as well, and I think that is a big part of it. I am at that time of the month right now and, being one who never cries...ugh i have been in tears twice in three days...right now being the second time. It is crazy...tears and huge anxiety...I'm hating it!