Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Yeah they give me the heevie jeevies too. Thanks for explaining that Morel, I understand it better now. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Discernment is a gift of the spirit.and it sounds like you may have that gift. The Lord does often let us know when to get away from a person or situation if you are in tuned to listeneing to Him when He prompts.
Psychic gifts are different than that, and they somehow lead you to dig deeper, to seek things out of curiousity. Like seeing a ghost, and becoming intrigued by it...somehow the thing grows into a 'spirit guide' and starts talking to you, telling you things...then it introduces you to more ghosts, more dangerous spirits...it happens, trust me...
My brother and I have a good deal of experience with that too :hide I don't wanna talk about that too much though. I get paranoid and freaked out just remembering :lol:

Mine has to be the Lord. It is immediate split second screaming in my head to GET AWAY! No bones about it. I get a cold chill and a feeling of urgency to get away from that person. I left a full cart in the DG one day not too awful long ago over that :p

Speaking of interventions...I'd like to share a short story. Really a testimony of the Lord's provisions and guiance in our lives. I was going to serve at a Fisher's of Men dinner when I first started back to church. I had to fuel up on the way. I picked one of about 10 gas stations within a mile of each other. Something went wrong with the pump, so I was delayed maybe 3-4 minutes or so. I finally got fuel and pulled out. About 8 miles up the road I ran up on a fresh wreck. There was a single responder on the scene, and a local policeman, who was usually parked in his cruiser right there anyway. Head on collision, killed the driver of the vehicle that was in my lane of traffic flow at the point of impact. Probably exactly where I would have been if I hadn't been delayed. Very likely had happened at the moment I would have been there. It took my breath. I immediately pulled over and prayed for the families of those who were gone or injured. A short time later was when I realized that I had been delayed at the perfect time for that to have not been me.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
A good example of "The Lord works in mysterious ways". That is currently happening with us now (I suspect) but I dont want to discuss at the moment.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My sister's inlaws own an old very well known mansion....known for it's haunts. Many many people have fled the place both day and night. I have spent a few nights there, and as much as she tries to tell me about the stories, my God is bigger than that:) so I have never really had any fear of the place. Anyway one night a couple of years ago I was there visiting with my daughter. The place is a bed and breakfast...so we spent the night. My daughter was determined to see one of the resident ghosts. I just laughed at her and told her to be careful what she wished for.
That night she shared one of the large rooms with me, we each had a double bed. I woke up to her crying and screaming and saying she wanted to leave NOW! I was like " Ummm, i am tired, let me go back to sleep, just go back to sleep..." LOL!
Apparently her ghost had arrived and was going after me...lol...so I told her that there was no way it could touch me, I was protected by God.
We ended up having to leave in the middle of the night because SHE called this thing on, which, if she had just left well enough alone, would not have had any experience at all...
Could it have bothered me? No...but ONLY because I am sealed by the mighty One. Now if you are sealed and you invite this kind of thing, well you are indeed asking for trouble. But if you are aware, but not intrigued, you are fine.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
MorelCabin said:
Discernment is a gift of the spirit.and it sounds like you may have that gift. The Lord does often let us know when to get away from a person or situation if you are in tuned to listeneing to Him when He prompts.
Psychic gifts are different than that, and they somehow lead you to dig deeper, to seek things out of curiousity. Like seeing a ghost, and becoming intrigued by it...somehow the thing grows into a 'spirit guide' and starts talking to you, telling you things...then it introduces you to more ghosts, more dangerous spirits...it happens, trust me...
My brother and I have a good deal of experience with that too :hide I don't wanna talk about that too much though. I get paranoid and freaked out just remembering :lol:

Mine has to be the Lord. It is immediate split second screaming in my head to GET AWAY! No bones about it. I get a cold chill and a feeling of urgency to get away from that person. I left a full cart in the DG one day not too awful long ago over that :p

Speaking of interventions...I'd like to share a short story. Really a testimony of the Lord's provisions and guiance in our lives. I was going to serve at a Fisher's of Men dinner when I first started back to church. I had to fuel up on the way. I picked one of about 10 gas stations within a mile of each other. Something went wrong with the pump, so I was delayed maybe 3-4 minutes or so. I finally got fuel and pulled out. About 8 miles up the road I ran up on a fresh wreck. There was a single responder on the scene, and a local policeman, who was usually parked in his cruiser right there anyway. Head on collision, killed the driver of the vehicle that was in my lane of traffic flow at the point of impact. Probably exactly where I would have been if I hadn't been delayed. Very likely had happened at the moment I would have been there. It took my breath. I immediately pulled over and prayed for the families of those who were gone or injured. A short time later was when I realized that I had been delayed at the perfect time for that to have not been me.
Amen!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
My sister's inlaws own an old very well known mansion....known for it's haunts. Many many people have fled the place both day and night. I have spent a few nights there, and as much as she tries to tell me about the stories, my God is bigger than that:) so I have never really had any fear of the place. Anyway one night a couple of years ago I was there visiting with my daughter. The place is a bed and breakfast...so we spent the night. My daughter was determined to see one of the resident ghosts. I just laughed at her and told her to be careful what she wished for.
That night she shared one of the large rooms with me, we each had a double bed. I woke up to her crying and screaming and saying she wanted to leave NOW! I was like " Ummm, i am tired, let me go back to sleep, just go back to sleep..." LOL!
Apparently her ghost had arrived and was going after me...lol...so I told her that there was no way it could touch me, I was protected by God.
We ended up having to leave in the middle of the night because SHE called this thing on, which, if she had just left well enough alone, would not have had any experience at all...
Could it have bothered me? No...but ONLY because I am sealed by the mighty One. Now if you are sealed and you invite this kind of thing, well you are indeed asking for trouble. But if you are aware, but not intrigued, you are fine.
We lived in one of those kinds of houses when I was about 13 and my brother 15. I am by no means intrigued LOL! I want nothing to do with any of it :p I have had "visitors" and they weren't welcome!! I told them so. Brother dear was intrigued and scared stiff at the same time. They bugged him alot more than me. That feeling I described about having with people...ever since the very first time I entered that home as a small small girl(it was owned by family) I got that very same feeling if I so much as peeked at that stairwell leading to my brother and sisters rooms upstairs. I hated living there!!! We had animals go nutso on that property, and we all(whole family best i remember) saw our deceased relatives walking the path to the back pasture one day looooong after they were gone :hide That place had a very sad feeling :(

We know a lot of the history of that house. Family owned for about 100 years, was an old homestead and a church during the civil war. Lots of soldiers died there, lots of family wakes held there, lots of deaths on the property etc. etc. We were the last of the family to live there. 2 months after we moved out and they rented it out, it burned slap to the ground in about 30 minutes flat. Nothing left of the old place now. No one was home at the time of the fire.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Like you WBF...i am not intrigued either...lol had my own experiences...but it went alot further than ghosties, I won't talk about it...but I do believe every word you say, I know that we are pat of a very big spiritual world, and that is one big reason why we protect our children from the ideaology out there that these things are fun and games...they are NOT.
The more leeway you give them the more they will hang on.
Now you knid of understand where I am going with the likes of Harry Potter?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from but I dont feel the same way about it.....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Kind of. After all I've seen/experienced HP is just sooooooo benign though. It's like giving a kid who's dad drives a Little Debbie truck a uniced cupcake...it just don't fly :lol: Niecey girl hasn't had the same experiences though so eh...I guess I can see a bit of where it wouldn't necessarily be a GREAT thing for her. I just don't see much where it'd hurt either. She's a pretty smart cookie. ;)

I am a science geek. I believe the "ghosties" are just another part of the space/time continuum and we occassionally catch a glimpse from a tear in the fabric of eternity. I believe time overlaps time. Hard to splain. If time were on a flat surface...all of time would rise off the surface in unison. I don't believe there is a split. Our reality is just the flip side of a parallel reality. Time is just how our minds percieve eternity. If you were to stand on the surface of time and look out over eternity, you could see time behind, and in front of you all happening at once. If......that makes any sense to anyone but me :hide

It proves God's existance, omnipotence, omnipresence, etc. etc. if you can follow through the theory. I'm still working on some of it with DH. We've learned a lot later. Just started studying quantum physics :D I am SUCH a dork! :lol: