Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Strange, that. I've never known anyone,nor have I ever experienced, anything to do with spirits, bad or good, the occult, gifts of prophesy, etc. Slept in many an old house where people have obviously been born and laid dead, as that was often the case back in the day to have birthings and funeral wakes at home....never known anyone to ever have any episodes of anything out of the ordinary.

Could it be that those who are open to experiences of such are the only ones who experience such? I've met quite a few people in my life and never to have met anyone with gifts of such a nature would be unusual, considering that this small of a forum holds seemingly quite a few of you who have. What are the chances of that?

Maybe that is why I don't hold fear of it in any way. I'm more apt to be fearful of those who experience these things as I am to fear the experience itself.

I think I'd be much more fearful of keeping company with someone who "invites" spirits than I would be of reading Harry Potter. One is someone real who dabbles in things we ought not and the other is a mere story of the same.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Never known anyone? Or just never believed any of them? I have known a lot who say they have had such experiences myself, and I live in a pretty small town. I wouldn't be so quick to discount things of that nature. Even Mary in the bible when going back to an empty tomb didn't recognize Jesus and thought she was seeing an apparition. Those who haven't experienced such things shouldn't make such judgements on those who have. Be glad you have had no such experience. Why would you be afraid of those who have?! :lol:

I find it more odd to meet folks who have never had experiences or never known anyone to have any experience than to find those who have or do.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Kind of. After all I've seen/experienced HP is just sooooooo benign though. It's like giving a kid who's dad drives a Little Debbie truck a uniced cupcake...it just don't fly :lol: Niecey girl hasn't had the same experiences though so eh...I guess I can see a bit of where it wouldn't necessarily be a GREAT thing for her. I just don't see much where it'd hurt either. She's a pretty smart cookie. ;)

I am a science geek. I believe the "ghosties" are just another part of the space/time continuum and we occassionally catch a glimpse from a tear in the fabric of eternity. I believe time overlaps time. Hard to splain. If time were on a flat surface...all of time would rise off the surface in unison. I don't believe there is a split. Our reality is just the flip side of a parallel reality. Time is just how our minds percieve eternity. If you were to stand on the surface of time and look out over eternity, you could see time behind, and in front of you all happening at once. If......that makes any sense to anyone but me :hide

It proves God's existance, omnipotence, omnipresence, etc. etc. if you can follow through the theory. I'm still working on some of it with DH. We've learned a lot later. Just started studying quantum physics :D I am SUCH a dork! :lol:
http://www.gotquestions.org/ghosts-hauntings.html
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/ghosts.html

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Thanks Morel! I am going to peruse both of those. The first one already looks promising. I always like to get other perspectives to form my own opinions :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
When my kids were little, I did not let them watch Harry Potter. Besides what Morel has already posted, the Bible teaches us that we are to flee from all appearances of evil. Harry Potter, to me, appeared very satanic. However, I don't judge others. It is between them and God. The only question I would ask is, have you prayed about it?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I am so sorry Morel...that just...on top of everything else...sheeeeeesh!

Deb we always pray for guidance in raising these crazy kids. They ARE exposed to SO much, most we don't even know about...it's hard to know sometimes if things are okay or not.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Romans talks about this. I don't recall what chapter it is off the top of my head. But one verse basically states that if it's not of faith, it's a sin. If you don't feel right doing something, but do it anyway, you're sinning. It goes along w/the weaker brother principle.