Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
"To the river of Jordan, our savior went one day, and we read that John the Baptist met him there. When John baptized Jesus in Jordan's rushing waters, the mighty power of God filled the air. Well I am on my way, I'm gonna wade right in, I'm going down to the river of Jordan and let the cool water cleanse my soul."

LOVE this song!!!

Sunday is Sis' big day, I'd love to sing this song then!!!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well then you should arrange it with your pastor and sing it for her at the baptism! It would be a great gift for her from her brother, and I know it would make her day all the more special!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Well then you should arrange it with your pastor and sing it for her at the baptism! It would be a great gift for her from her brother, and I know it would make her day all the more special!
X2!!!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Prayed!!
The last few days I have just been praising God for who He is! Nothings changed, I'm still broke but it just seems like I can feel Him working in my life. We started memorizing verses in Sunday school and while I was alone working on the first one it felt almost as if he gave me a pat on the back and told me I was doing what he wanted! It was an awesome feeling! The only other time I remember that feeling so strong was when I quit saying God and Lord in praying and addressed Him as Father.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Can I have another prayer request? :p

If you have seen my pollution of Cindi's journal, you will note that we have a very small crowd at my church. And unfortunately we are in a rut. :/ We have 15 regular, every Sunday members. Can we pray hard and fiercely to the father that he will bring in a large crowd with lots of children, and young adults? And that a revival will shake the foundations of our house of worship?? :p We need this badly! Please pray for us!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Buff, don't take this wrong, but I won't pray for that. Instead, what you need to pray for is those already IN the church, that they would grow spiritually. If they are in a rut, new people are not going to want to come in because of the rut. We have the same problem in my church. It's small, and people have gotten comfortable. I had been praying for more people to come in, but realized that instead, I needed to pray for those already in the church.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Buff, don't take this wrong, but I won't pray for that. Instead, what you need to pray for is those already IN the church, that they would grow spiritually. If they are in a rut, new people are not going to want to come in because of the rut. We have the same problem in my church. It's small, and people have gotten comfortable. I had been praying for more people to come in, but realized that instead, I needed to pray for those already in the church.
Rut is the wrong phrasing here. We are on a down slide. Our churchs WANTS to grow and have these new people, and enjoy new members. Its not a matter of us being poor spiritually, we don't have any new people for whatever reason. We compete with 4 larger churches, plus all of the other small ones...