Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Wannabefree said:
It's the ultimate sibling rivalry carried down through generation after generation. It's not such a suprise to me, personally, that the two would marry eventually. The concepts are basically parallel to a large degree. The fact that both are monotheistic, and even derived of the same origin, geographically and familially speaking, makes me wonder why it hasn't happened sooner. :hu Not that it's a good thing, it's just not that big of a suprise. Of course, you'd have to have a pretty thick veil to not be able to see the truth, but then, some folks do. :hu I feel for those who don't understand and see the differences and how truly polar opposite the two belief systems are beyond the obvious parallels. All we can do is pray for them.
The sad thing is is that there are well known Christians who have embraced it. It was mentioned in a "movie" they had a church not too long ago, but they didn't mention which ones. I really wish they had. I'd like to know.
Well known professing Christians. Professing being the key word. It'll lead a lot of folks astray, but isn't that what God said would happen in the last days? I don't really care who they are, but you should be able to Google it. Chrislam would be a pretty hot keyword to search if that's what they're calling themselves. I just did a search and got a LOT of hits.

ETA: http://blog.beliefnet.com/news/2011/10/what-is-chrislam-and-does-anybody-really-preach-it.php

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me. The ultimate ploy there. I am surprised there isn't a religious teaching called "Abrahamism" which in my speculations would be a combo of the three monotheistic faiths.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think self-pity is one of the enemies greatest weapons he uses against us. I know he uses it against me every chance he gets. When you allow self-pity to sneak it's way into your life then you are allowing yourself to take your eyes of Him. As His children we have difficulty in this world, but in the end we HAVE the VICTORY! If we allow that old roaring lion to whisper his lies into our ears and put our eyes on our circumstances then our eyes are no longer on our Savior, but on ourselves. I know I didn't ask to be an only child and lose both my parents when I was in my 20's, I didn't ask to lose everything I had in a tornado, and I certainly didn't ask to be plunged into raising 3 kids on my own with no family to rely on.(all within just a few years) But when we allow the enemy to whisper those doubts and lies into our ears then we are giving him a foothold in our lives and that foothold is hard to get rid of once he gets it in there. Before we know it we are no longer living for Him anymore-we are living for ourselves again. Groping our way through life on our own trying to find our happiness. We are living for self. I don't know about y'all, but I was glad to give up self and start living for Him with Him as the center of my life. I don't want to go back to living for self ever again. You know all those trials I mentioned? They weren't easy. That old serpent every once in a while tries to use them, whispering his lies, but ya know what? Those trials have made me a stronger person than I would have ever thought. The refining fire hurts, and I know I'm certainly NOT a finished product, but in the end I will have run the race set before me and will be in the presence of the Father. And until then I will continue to praise God for my trials which are to His glory as they make me a stronger woman capable of serving Him!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Excellent post!!!!!!!!!!! So very right and just what I needed to hear right now....how in the world did you know? Oh...I know. :D Because God knows and uses us each to help one another, doesn't He? Thank you, Rebecca, for those words that I needed to hear and for having the courage to say what God puts on your heart to say....the words found fertile ground in my heart. Thank you! :hugs

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you Bee! I'm glad they touched you! He spoke that to my heart yesterday.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Haven't been in touch lately, hope you all are doing well! I am exhausted, both physically and mentally...but hoping that the next few days bring some much needed rest. DD had her baby on Wenesday, a girl, as expected :weee
Now she can finally go home and out of my house. LOL! She has been staying here for a month! Now I am shifting her responsibilty back to her...single mom or not, I am tired of taking care of her now. Haha!
Well here she is! My newest grand daughter, Daynna Faith Marie
t6qr7q.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
She is absolutely lovely, Morel....must take after grandma, huh? :D She looks to be healthy and of a good size...and what a perfect English rose complexion!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks Bee:) She is 7lbs 7 oz...yup, good size. She is a night owl though, going to keep her momma up for the next bit until momma can change that schedule.
Goodness I just finally got rid of them all, dropped them off, have been home for two hours when she calls to tellme that one of the ceiling globes fell right on to the top of Lolaa's head and she's bleeding and DD is freaking out! LOL! Turns out that there was barely a smidgen of a cut there..but we all know how skulls bleed. high maintenance...LOL