Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
Now for the other fellows, Nephilim/Rephaim. these mortal men considered themselves to be "lords" and were the mighty men of renown in the ancient days. Leaders of clans, men of great weath. They were mortal men, not some hybrid between a spiritual being and human. That sort of union is not possible. The Messiah made that clear, when speaking of marrige in the Heavenly Realm.

Matthew 22:29-30

29 Jesus answered and said to them, You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of G_d. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of G_d in heaven.
Yes this sort of union is not possible Jesus spoke these words above to show that the obedient angels do not marry even each other in heaven, but, throughout the Bible angels were given assignments to deliver messages and help righteous people on earth. In order to do that they would have to materialize a human body to carry out their mission. Some examples would be; when the men/ 'angels' came to Sodom and Gomorrah and led Lot out of the district ( Genesis 9:1-11 the crowds around Lots house wanted the men/ 'angels' so that they could have intercouse with them. ), another one is; Abraham fed them a meal and they told him Sarah would have a child, also Jacob wrestled with a materialized angel all night to get a blessing from him and was lame for the rest of his life from that encounter.
An angel appeared to Manoah and told him how to raise his son Sampson, and Manoah didn't know he was an angel til he ascended in the fire of the offering, and many more.

So do you think it is possible for some of the Angels to misuse this ability to materialize human bodies without permission from God, and do something not allowed by God? Yes.

The bodies that they materialized were human therefore they could use them to take wives and have children. Again, this was a perversion and a sin on their part, because you are correct that Angels are not supposed to marry or dwell on earth. (There are similar things going on today among mankind such as same s_x marriage.)

In 1 Peter 3:19,20 thats exactly what it says; "By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the long suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." KJV

and also Jude 6 "And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left there own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judjment of the great day.KJV

2 Peter 2:4 "Certainly if God did not hold back from punishing the angels that sinned, but, by throwing them into Tar′ta‧rus, delivered them to pits of dense darkness to be reserved for judgment;" NWT

This seems to indicate that they are greatly restricted, unable again to materialize as they did prior to the Flood.

It is even possible that the Greek Mythology was based on the exploits of these "men of fame"; distorted memories passed down for centuries. Many of the myths have the Gods marrying human women, and their offspring performing superhuman feats of strength, think Hercules.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Interesting....you all are giving me A LOT to think about! :D Still researching :caf

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If you read the stories from Greek mythology w/ a different perspective, you can see them fitting in w/stories from the Bible, just twisted. For instance, the story of Pandora's Box is the story of Eve eating the forbidden fruit.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I tend to see those parallels too Deb. I love history, mythology etc. Anyone read The Gilgamesh Epic? It's interesting.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I've heard of it, but not read it. Maybe one day.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I tend to see those parallels too Deb. I love history, mythology etc. Anyone read The Gilgamesh Epic? It's interesting.
Im a big believer in cross examination, sort of like several other early days myths which involve a great flood.....interesting, eh?

Denim Deb

Reaction score
There are over 200 accounts worldwide of the flood.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
There are over 200 accounts worldwide of the flood.
I didnt know there were that many...so :ep But I love to look for things like this. I think that 'living' fossils are interesting,.......

Denim Deb

Reaction score
And, there's way more living fossils than most people realize.