Sufficient Self's Bible Study Group

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It's the latest sermon on a closer walk with God....he's doing a series on how to form a closer walk with the Lord which he started for the New Year. The first one is about committing to reading the Scripture on a daily basis and how to do this. The second one is about committing to tithing and how to do this.

Rebecca, I just have to tell you something. I've been having so much trouble writing this book because the ideas were not flowing from my mind onto the written page and I was getting distracted by anything and everything. I was not feeling the enthusiasm I expected to feel about such an undertaking~one of which I'd dreamed all my life.

Of course, I have been praying and talking to God about it daily and sometimes all day.... :p I, for some weird reason, was wanting this book to appeal to the masses and, knowing the masses are largely secular, was only going to put God in it in small ways at first and finish with a testimonial chapter on how I survive in this world today on limited income with the help of God.

God, of course, had different plans than being shoved in the back and being sidelined. My whole focus on the book has changed and I am now going to write it how I feel, believe and how I know it should be. I don't care about targeting a particular audience...I'm going to let God take care of the marketing of this book. I'm just going to write the truth as I see it and from the Lord's Word and from my personal walk with the Lord. God is going to be on every page if I can manage it!

My title is changed and may even change again, who knows? This book is going to be soooooo much easier to write now and will involve some excitement that I've been lacking!

I praise God that He guides me and watches me each day and that He is helping me now to do this work. My earnest prayer is that this book will help Christians in their walk, lead others to Christ and springboard a speaking ministry around the subjects covered in this book. Amen!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I've got a few prayers on my heart today and one in particular is burdening me above all others:

1.) The most important one is this. We need prayers for our school system, desperately. This year our system was declared Persistently Low Achieving. And its had horrible effects. They removed our Principal, who was one of the best, kindest people I know. He was well liked by the staff and students. Now he is gone from us. Something that I almost wail up about. He was great. Also since the replacement of our previous vice principal with one who does NOT know what she is doing. Then we got our good principal replaced with a guy that is mean, rude to students, and just a grump. Now I say these things with all seriousness because I've watched and witnessed.

2.) Tomorrow I go to see if my moles have skin melanoma. The doctor said its either a melanoma or nothing :rolleyes: Yeah wide margin.

3. Also one here I think is most necessary: a great Holy Ghost revival across the lands.....something our world is in need of, desperately.

I appreciate it. :)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I gotcha Buffy ;) The skin thing is likely just a precaution. Folks as young as you with melanoma is not all that common, so try not to worry too much lil' borther :hugs Will be praying for ya!

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Praying too! And to Bee- :ya. Whoo-Hoo! That's exactly what we need and He has been burdening you about I think! Our God is sooo glorious that He can do more than we can ask or think (Ephesians 3:20) and I know that book of yours is going to be great if He is the main star! I am so excited for you!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Me too! I felt like I was walking on sunshine all day! :weee Finally! A fresh breeze of inspiration blowing out the cobwebs of my mind..... :lol:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I got my moles checked out and one has to be removed, he thinks its in the precancerous stage but the biopsy will tell for sure......just thought I'd update ya'll.