SufficientSelf Software Upgrade - Potential Downtime

CarpCharacin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
X2

I hope you are not planning to do this to BYH and BYC. I donā€™t think I could stand it if you do.
Just take some time to get used to it, it really isn't all that different from how it was before. We're upgrading BYH and BYC, but the current custom design on BYC will be ported to the new version, so it won't be the same as what is used on the smaller sites.

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
X2

I hope you are not planning to do this to BYH and BYC. I donā€™t think I could stand it if you do.
Can you help us know what specific things you are having a problem with? That will help us with either changing things here or the other sites.

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Can you help us know what specific things you are having a problem with? That will help us with either changing things here or the other sites.
Thanks, thereā€™s no specific problem. Iā€™m just not good with change. Nothing you can do about that. Good thing I have advanced warning about the other sites though. I can steel myself for it. Maybe that will help. It wonā€™t be such a shock.

ETA: Ok, if it will be helpful for you, Iā€™ve noticed that the font is smaller. Increasing font size on my phone didnā€™t make any difference. It would help if we had an option for increasing the font size.

Another issue is the page numbers at the top of the threads. There isnā€™t a list of numbers to click on. Iā€™m probably missing something, but all I can do is next page, previous page, first page and last page. How do we navigate to a page somewhere in the middle? (Actually, is there a userā€™s guide to the changes? So far all Iā€™ve found is this thread. Maybe I donā€™t know where to look.)

Last edited:

PatriciaPNW

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I donā€™t stay logged in from my phone even though Iā€™ve clicked ā€œstay logged in.ā€ I had this problem before the software update and I know itā€™s not a big deal. Still Iā€™d appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Kiki

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I donā€™t stay logged in from my phone even though Iā€™ve clicked ā€œstay logged in.ā€ I had this problem before the software update and I know itā€™s not a big deal. Still Iā€™d appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Do you know if, when you close your browser, you have it set to automatically clear your history and cache?

Latest posts