SufficientSelf Software Upgrade - Potential Downtime

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's not that different from how it was before. Post bookmarks are new, so are additional post reactions other than likes if you hover over the like button. Also, you can use emojis typed from your phone keyboard now.
I can use emojis from my phone? That's way cool! I like the new look.

CarpCharacin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I can use emojis from my phone? That's way cool! I like the new look.
Yeah, it should support all unicode characters now.
What about the information in our avatars? Will that come back? I'm looking around, it's like coming home in the middle of the night and finding out all the furniture has been rearranged. :old
Like the post count and stuff? It wouldn't be difficult to add back.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I WANT to know what area they are in.....makes a difference in their questions and our replies. Where did that go???

Overall -- this is NOT better. :(

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I WANT to know what area they are in.....makes a difference in their questions and our replies. Where did that go???

hmm, i know there is a flag somewhere that shows signatures or not, i wonder if that is it or not. cannot find it at the moment...

i really want full editing of all articles i've ever posted (which is now missing from TEG and i'm putting this here hoping someone will see it sooner or later). i want to be able to fix previous posts if something changes (like a link goes dead or a picture gets moved or ...). it makes no sense to have me have to ask someone else to fix it for me if i can just do it myself...

hovering is not working for handle, mail or responses/alerts.

other feedback is that i really miss some kind of raw editing because a few times i have seen bugs in coding that i could not edit with a fancy editor i needed to be able to get back to the more raw characters to see what was goofed up. i have already tried to find that in a TEG article and while i may not use it often i liked having the option to look when something wasn't working as expected.

p.s. if you want to find your bookmarks they are listed by clicking your handle (in the upper right and then it is next to "Your account")...

Last edited:

CarpCharacin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We're going to add info back to the postbit soon.
Overall, it is better than an unsupported version which will soon stop receiving security updates.