SufficientSelf Software Upgrade - Potential Downtime

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
So...all our stored attachments just disappeared into the great unknown, never to be seen again?

CarpCharacin

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So...all our stored attachments just disappeared into the great unknown, never to be seen again?
No. They are still attached to whatever posts they were uploaded to, as I have previously made clear.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
perhaps there is a short term solution in that if you tag (automatically or otherwise via a query and update) every post as contains-attachment or some other word or phrase then later on you could search for just that tag. just thinking aloud with what it looks like what we've got... i also hate changes like this. hope you will hang on. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think flowerbug pointed out that there is no edit. It the edit feature still here and I am missing it? If there is no edit, can it be added back. Often I post on my cell phone and make a lot of boo-boos and I edit my posts. CarpCharacin your post count is 11. That, and the fact that I have never seen you here before the changeover indicates to even a Texas redneck like me, that you are new here. Welcome! I am glad to have you here. In your short 11 posts, you have been very helpful.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think flowerbug pointed out that there is no edit. It the edit feature still here and I am missing it? If there is no edit, can it be added back. Often I post on my cell phone and make a lot of boo-boos and I edit my posts. CarpCharacin your post count is 11. That, and the fact that I have never seen you here before the changeover indicates to even a Texas redneck like me, that you are new here. Welcome! I am glad to have you here. In your short 11 posts, you have been very helpful.

Edit is still here for recent posts. i was commenting about TEG not letting me go back to the beginning of a thread i have so i can correct a no longer working link.

ok bay... i see you found it. :)

i edit some posts quite a bit before they settle down...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i am guessing that @CarpCharacin is either new staff or helping out with these upgrades. :) welcome too from me. sorry if i get a bit pointed at times but i am an old computer science guy so i tend to just go right to the point without any buttering up or chit chat. :) i chit chat enough when the issues are taken care of and things are running as they should. :)

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't really have many problems with the changes when I pull up SS on the computer, but it seems to be harder when I use my phone that it was before. And although we have LOTS more emoji's to choose from, I lost a few of my old favorites. But, like most things, I guess we'll get used to it over time. Thanks to all of you working to keep this site up and running, and welcome to the group @CarpCharacin.

What are the points for? And the Reaction score?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Reaction used to be likes, now there are more choices than like. Points? Dunno.