SufficientSelf's Bible Study & Devotional 2.0

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
1000 X 1000 LIKES, @BarredBuff . THIS is where our world is at today, and we are carreening at lightening speed towards the "end of this present age". I see this attitude, even among some of the folks at my own church, where THE GOSPEL is preached every Sunday, with Jesus Christ and his teachings, the way of salvation presented EVERY SINGLE WEEK. They don't want to hear. And, even if they do see what is going on, they don't want to talk about it for fear of causing offense. My heart cries. Sometimes I feel like a lone voice crying in the wilderness. It hurts to be constantly shushed and told to stop causing discomfort. But, I am led, compelled. And can't do otherwise. I struggle with the verse about "do not cast your pearls before swine". However, even a pearl cast before swine, may be picked up and cherished by an other listener.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't know your actual name. I copied it, and stated that it was written by a friend who I will meet when Jesus comes to take us home. PM your name, and I'll go back to edit.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
“Yearning”

"These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.” Hebrews 11:13-14

We can read, watch or become anything we want. We can pursue the world’s calling on our lives. We can climb the rungs of the social, and financial order. We could become the richest person in the world. However, if the deepest desire of our heart is not to reach the better land-- have we not missed it all? Yes, if that is not our desire, we have missed the point. In the unrest of today, tomorrow, and the days ahead, let’s clear our mind and dwell on a better land. Let us dwell on a land where there is no death. Ponder on the riches of that land. Imagine a place where there is no sickness or sin. Envision a country where the saints of all ages are dwelling with God. Let’s think about a country whose centerpiece and supplier is God. I would rather dwell in the courts of the Almighty than to be found pristine and popular in the rich man’s dwelling. I would rather be homesick for Heaven than gain all the riches this world has to offer. Are you headed to that better country today? Will your name be called on Heaven’s roll book? Die in faith and it will be.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How can anyone deny the presence and power of God? Can a scientist create even a leaf from nothing? Can a whole team of scientists create anything from nothing? And yet, people continue to deny God, preferring to believe that we somehow evolved from pond slime. Ok, but where did the pond slime come from and explain to me why there is still pond slime, why did it not ALL evolve into higher forms of life. The process of evolution sounds like a reasonable theory, but it is too much of a crapshoot for the myriads of thousands of evolutionary "mistakes" for even one higher life form. I am grateful every day for the beauty of this earth, the Blessings of the Lord rain down on us.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
“At That Time”

“And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of they people: and there shall never be a time of trouble such as never was since there was nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book: and many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt.” Daniel 12:2

I see a lot of posts, books, and movies about the end of the world. Personally, I believe there is a lot of false teaching and dialogue about that time. Can I affirmatively say we are living in the last days? Yes. Why? The apostles declared that it was the last days in the New Testament, and that the return of Jesus Christ would be imminent. Imminent simply means that it could be possible any day, impossible no day. So, yes we are living in the last days because of the truthful witness of scripture. Many people focus on the trouble that will befall humanity in those days, and it will be a terrible time like the world has never seen. A lot of time is spent speculating on what this (insert whatever Biblical passage) might mean or might not mean in regards to the Last Days. However, as Daniel wrote many, many years ago there is a time coming when some will awake to everlasting life and some to everlasting contempt. “At that time” we shall be resurrected and redeemed. “At that time” the wicked shall be judged. “At that time” the glorified Lamb of God, Lion of Judah, warrior King of Israel, Jesus Christ shall return. “At that time” the sheep and the goats will be separated. “At that time” the dead in Christ shall rise first, and we which are alive and remain will be caught up to meet them. Regardless of how these events come to pass, I know that “at that time” the end of time will be the beginning of eternity, and eternity never ever ends. “At that time” this way of living will be finished never to be rehashed again. O what joy, when “at that time” we awake in the likeness of Jesus Christ and inherit eternity.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
“People of Promise”

“And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: and I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.” Genesis 12:2-3

A promise is declaration or assurance that a particular act will or will not happen. When Abraham was called of God, a promise was given to him. A promise that through his family ALL families of the earth would be blessed. The fulfillment of that promise began when the Son of God left the portals of Glory to become man. That promise was completed when the tomb was found empty. That promise was then carried by and penned down by the eye witnesses who had beheld the Son of God during his earthly ministry. And over the last two thousand years, God’s promise to Abraham has been preached about, sung about, and testified about all over the world to people of different tongues, and races. Scores of people have been grafted into the big family of God. That promise is about the Savior sent for the salvation of man and deliverance for a people cursed by sin. My beloved, this morning, if you are saved, sanctified and on your way to heaven you are the people of promise. You are a part of that blessing promised to Abraham thousands of years ago. It is that promise that makes life worth living, and eternity worth it all.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
“Kings and Priests of God”

“And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, and hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen” Revelation 1:5-6

In myself, I am not much. I have a tendency to overreact to situations. I have made mistakes and done things that I wish I had never done. I have failed. I have sinned. I have been miserable. I have hurt others. I have been selfish. My beloved, in my own strength, I am a weak and weary vessel. We have all been broken and cursed by sin. However, the righteousness of God’s son has been applied to us. The King of Kings and Lord of Lords has placed his goodness on us. His blood has cleansed the redeemed from all iniquity. In doing so, he has made every born again believer “kings and priests unto God”. One day, we will rule with him in the Gloryland. We are all priests of God. It is our duty to be a priest of God. We all have the ability to call out to him prayer. We all have a duty to witness and testify of his goodness. He has appointed us to the royal priesthood to be his ambassadors unto the nations. Simultaneously, we have been declared royalty. Why? We have been grafted into the family of God. We are a joint heir with Christ Jesus, and that means we are part of that royal family. I may not ever have much in this life, but in the next life I will be forever a part of the royal family of God. There, we will rule and reign with him into the endless ages of eternity. In myself, I am not much. In Christ, I am a king and priest unto God. Bless the name of the Lord forever. He has made us free.

Latest posts