suggestion

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Ok, then lest do this. Over on BYC we have an Alaskan thread that we keep alive until it gets to big, and then we start a new one.

I say we start a natural livestock care thread in the Everything else section. I am sure we could keep it alive.

Catchy title anyone?

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
BTW, both my goats are mutts and I am working muttness into my chickens. For general small family farm uses, I always think mutts are better, hardier and all around more useful.

I might have my own chicken breed someday, who knows :lol:
It'll be a sturdy dual purpose breed, inherently resistant to our local diseases, laying all different color eggs. The males will have meat on them, so when you go to send them to freezer camp, it'll be worth the effort.
I'll let you all know in a few years ;)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Ok, then lest do this. Over on BYC we have an Alaskan thread that we keep alive until it gets to big, and then we start a new one.

I say we start a natural livestock care thread in the Everything else section. I am sure we could keep it alive.

Catchy title anyone?
I'm on it--right now. I have a question that I a kind of hesitant to ask on BYH. Stay tuned everyone. :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Please, different natural care threads for different subjects. Otherwise, it gets very difficult to find specific info later! Please? Put your question in the title, maybe prefaced with the words "Natural Goat Care---deworming" or "Feeding the flock naturally" or something like that....

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Please, different natural care threads for different subjects. Otherwise, it gets very difficult to find specific info later! Please? Put your question in the title, maybe prefaced with the words "Natural Goat Care---deworming" or "Feeding the flock naturally" or something like that....
I agree. It really helps when you do a search to be able to put a key word in topic, and find what you are looking for.

The ones that state "help needed" or "guess what I did" are way to difficult to search for future reference.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That is the same problem with a single thread trying to serve the purpose of many needs....you can't find that particular subject buried in this enormous thread.

The thread about AK on BYC is just that...for people who live there. Not really for garnering info on a multitude of subjects.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Try finding a recipe on the fermenting thread! No offense to the people on there, but it's hard to navigate through all the conversation. I just google or look in NT now, it's easier - But, googling everything ruins the whole point of HAVING a forum.. Soo.. :idunno

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Maybe we should all go into the fermenting thread and pull our our recipes, posting each in its own thread. I've even had trouble finding my own recipes at times, if I put the wrong keyword in!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Fine by me! As long as I don't have to do any work :lol:
I think I only posted in there a couple times with a question that had been asked multiple times before - but I was too lazy to read through it all.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Fine by me! As long as I don't have to do any work :lol:
I think I only posted in there a couple times with a question that had been asked multiple times before - but I was too lazy to read through it all.
:smack

Latest posts