Summer Vacations??

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
We used to do big vacations every 3 years or so . . . Hawaii, Aruba, Florida. Now, I really hate being away from home, plus it's just gotten so darn expensive!!

We still go camping for 2-3 nights within a couple of hours drive. Although, last year we didn't even go one time.

I think we do need to get away every once in a while though. It's hard to relax and recharge when you know something needs to be done.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
The past two years our summer vacation has consisted of an extended field trip to Ohio with my husband's Tech Ed. students. They race their hovercrafts in the HoverClub of America's HoverRally. This year it has been moved to Iowa, which is just too far to travel from CT. Southern Ohio was pushing it. Two days driving out and two days back. With a bunch of high school aged boys. Not the vacation I'd chose but we could do another one if we did that. Since we are not going to Ohio we are more free to do a family vacation. We're most likely going to do a weekend at the Jersey Shore, staying with and being spoiled by my uncle, and maybe a camping trip up between NY and Vermont. We want to make a visit to the Almanzo Wilder homestead (Farmer Boy) part of it. Other than there will be some day trips. Mostly I want to stay home, garden, play with the puppy and my son. : )

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
How fun to see Almanzo's home! My son would love that! :)

We hope to spend a few days camping with family along the shore of Lake Superior. Great hiking, biking, swimming and exploring. Gas and camping fees are our only costs.

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
last year we went about an hour away, spent the night in a hotel, went swimming, had a nice dinner (TGIFridays, dont have anything like that here) and went to a small animal park the next day. Usually we just do day trips. This year my sister is graduating from law school in Boston so we plan to head to Rhode Island for that weekend. She rented a beach house for us, my mom and step dad and her boyfriends parents to share. We came into a few extra bucks so we're using that to go.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
ams3651 said:
last year we went about an hour away, spent the night in a hotel, went swimming, had a nice dinner (TGIFridays, dont have anything like that here) and went to a small animal park the next day. Usually we just do day trips. This year my sister is graduating from law school in Boston so we plan to head to Rhode Island for that weekend. She rented a beach house for us, my mom and step dad and her boyfriends parents to share. We came into a few extra bucks so we're using that to go.
Make sure you wave when you drive by. I'm only half an hour from the border! ;)
I'll make sure to post lots of pics of the Wilder Homestead. I'm really looking forward to it!