sunscreen

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Sorry about your friend Abi :( :hugs

This past weekend I had to work out in the sun all day, both days. Sat was very hot and sunny all day, Sunday it was partly cloudy. I used no sun protection for a reason.

I was sorta conducting my own experiment. See, I have been taking my fermented cod liver oil (full of vit D) in large doses for quite some time now. I DID NOT BURN! (I usually do too.) I was absolutely shocked. My lips got a little chapped (I probably should have drank more water, but I was so busy!), but that was it. After I rehydrated and smeared some coconut oil onto them, they were fine again.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I got the tip from BubblingBrooks (PaulaJoAnne) about the fermented "high-vitamin" cod liver oil. It is called "Old Fashioned Blue Ice" pure high-vitamin cod liver oil. I take the cinnamon tingle flavor straight up liquid. No burping or foul smell.

I used to burn easily so I was always searching for a hat or sunscreen b/f I went outside. (I wrinkle easy too. My own vanity helps me remember.:p What do ya know, vanity, its good for something! :rolleyes: I swear by unfiltered coconut oil for my wrinkles too, it makes me smell like a pina colada!)

Now instead of reaching for my hat, I just take my oil. I keep it in the fridge. It has lasted a looong time too.

I take 1 1/2-2 teaspoons which has about 900+ I's of vit D plus lots of vit A (over 8000 IU's) about 500-600 mg of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and about 500-600 DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). (I think the bottle cost about $40 and has lasted me over 2 months and I still have about 1/3 left.

p.s. I ordered it from DrRons.com

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to hear the oil is working for you Sally!

Today my brother and I went hiking at a local state park. We hiked about four hours, with a majority of the time spent in full sun, out on the prairie, with 85F. Half way to our designated site my brother stopped and put sunscreen on because he was burning. I made it through the whole duration without any sunscreen and had no burn. I usually get pretty red, at least on the arms and face. Eggs4sale says I have marshmallow white/lily white skin. I've been taking fermented cod liver oil about a month, whereas my brother has not. My joints still got really achy and swelled, but that usually happens.

I haven't been outside in full sun for hours on end yet this summer, so this was the real test for me.

Sally, how has the oil been working for Sam?

Latest posts