tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Clothing shortages are official now. I'm feeling very prescient today šŸ¤£

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I guess now the price of second hand clothes are going to go up. :idunno
There's so much excess clothing, IDK how much increased demand would really affect prices. I imagine children's seasonal clothing and footwear would be most limited and most likely to see price increases. JMO

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not a clothes horse but, my own supply is better than a many stores.:hide

Truly, I've watched styles & colors change, still able to dress pretty much up to date with clothes on hand. Always bought classic and well made, so they last. Last year I opened a box of 32 turtle neck shirts...yep. Jeans, a turtleneck and flannel shirt -- daily dress all winter. šŸ˜ Jeans never go out of style -- nowdays, even the ragged ones Are all the rage :old some things I have are now "vintage" :lol:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH has a jean jacket from college. They're back in style 20-some years later and it still fits. šŸ˜‚

Part of managing clothing is just staying the same size! I bought new (used) coats this year because I lost 30# since I last bought coats.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Brazil had rough year for coffee crop and global coffee price is up. Shortages of higher-end coffees are expected to push prices up. I picked up a couple extra packs of coffee today because I prefer organic, fair trade certified. I want shade grown coffee, but that's hard to find normally. The coffee I bought was from Peru and Honduras, and was normal price.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I should go load up on blue jeans before I sell and move. There is a Vanity Fair Outlet about an hour north of me. I get blue Jeans normally for less than $10. I've got some tattered jeans that can hit the trash and make room for new ones.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
per capita doesn't have much to do with the filthy rich. It's a communist country. The leaders and top politicians are the filthy rich, not the per capita peons.

uh, so filthy rich of leaders is defined as what then? compare that to the USoA for the same percentage of people (no matter what scale you decide upon). i'm pretty sure the filthy rich of the USoA are much richer than those in China. will be surprised if we aren't.

personally i think you have a twitch about certain subjects and topics which prevents you from looking at this from a wider perspective. while i'm not particularly fond of the leadership of China and several things they are doing i'm also not particularly fond of the leadership of the USoA or Europe either. i don't think war is inevitable between various countries - nothing to be gained and much more to be lost IMO.