survived the storm, here comes another

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I usually can handle storms ok, but this one is giving me an anxiety attack. if I had a basement, I would be in it!

knew I was in for it when the weather service issued 3 storm warnings/alerts in about a 4 minute time span.

its dark out so I can't really see much even with all the lightning, but I do not like the sound of that wind. It is pouring buckets, the lights are flickering ( I'm on battery on my laptop now),

what really worries me is I shouldn't hear so many branches snapping and the sound of this wind- not good. cats are hiding. hope the chicken coop stays put. Coop is a big old construction trailer, but it is set right behind a line of mature pine trees so it might get some protection from the wind.

I got dressed and got shoes on. don't have a working flashlight cuz I dropped it a few days ago in the last storm.

yikes. if you are reading this, cross your fingers for me, please....

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hang in there Lala,

It's gonna be just fine,Iam sure the chickens will weather this storm, and when the sun shines in the morn, all will be fine in your world.

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Lala

let us know how you made it though the night,I thought of you first thing this morning.

Hoping all is well at your place, and there is not to much damage.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Well, I'm assuming you're alive, Lala. I guess you're a couple hours to the east.

It hit us when we were out in the shed milking, lasted a good hour or so, then another wave hit and it didn't stop raining for good until this morning.
Now it's all wet out. Blah.

Latest posts