survived the storm, here comes another

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thanks everyone for being so supportive, don't mind saying I was pretty scared. It was just that the wind kept switching directions and it was abnormally loud, and that is saying something cuz it seems as if we have had one big storm after the other all summer.

the little coop, which isn't in use right now, got lifted up and set over a few feet. parts of the garden are flattened, huge tomato cages that were staked pretty good are on their side, and two actually got uprooted. never seen that! but the sunflowers, you know those mammoth ones that are like 12 feet tall? perfectly fine. go figure.

neighbors roof from a shed is out in the field. I haven't gone out to see how things are in the area, but I hear there are trees down. everything here is fine, just blown around, and I only lost two pines.

we're in for it AGAIN, the thunder is rolling, and flash flooding predicted, but ....doens't look like thte winds will be so bad.

I did go out about 2 am during a lull and checked the chickens - they were dry and sleepy, seemed unbothered by all the hullaballoo.

tortoise and blackbird, sounds like you are pretty close? I'm kind of southeast of hinkley, on a diagonal to grantsburg wisconsin.

hope you all don't get drenched again today!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
lalaland said:
thanks everyone for being so supportive, don't mind saying I was pretty scared. It was just that the wind kept switching directions and it was abnormally loud, and that is saying something cuz it seems as if we have had one big storm after the other all summer.

the little coop, which isn't in use right now, got lifted up and set over a few feet. parts of the garden are flattened, huge tomato cages that were staked pretty good are on their side, and two actually got uprooted. never seen that! but the sunflowers, you know those mammoth ones that are like 12 feet tall? perfectly fine. go figure.

neighbors roof from a shed is out in the field. I haven't gone out to see how things are in the area, but I hear there are trees down. everything here is fine, just blown around, and I only lost two pines.

we're in for it AGAIN, the thunder is rolling, and flash flooding predicted, but ....doens't look like thte winds will be so bad.

I did go out about 2 am during a lull and checked the chickens - they were dry and sleepy, seemed unbothered by all the hullaballoo.

tortoise and blackbird, sounds like you are pretty close? I'm kind of southeast of hinkley, on a diagonal to grantsburg wisconsin.

hope you all don't get drenched again today!
I'm 90 mi due east of the twin cities + 45 mi due north.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm near Benson.

Yeah about two hours ago another one rolled through, but just the edge hit us. Some of my corn got knocked down yesterday, and my motherwort, but the sunflowers and everything else is fine.

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tortoise, does that put you near luck?

its pouring and pouring and pouring. water has no where to go, ground is already saturated. hit 5 inches and now the gauge is overlfowing. temp has dropped to 67 so that feels good. no wind, hope it keeps that way

blackbird, was that corn in the field or your garden? hoping for garden as that would be easier to take.

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh good. I didn't grow corn this year, but I've done the "prop em, heap dirt on em" method of getting them more or less upright. But how the heck do you do it when the ground is more or less soup?

sitting here with the lamps on because it is too dark to see. it is 62 degrees out, amazing after all these 95 degree days. I actually put on a sweatshirt!

mmmh, I'm hungry. think I'll pop over to OFG's house and see if she'll bake me a pie. peach pie, that is.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
no peach pie.. all i have is this....

BLACKBERRY COBBLER!!!

whooot!

come on over baby - and i have some ice cream too!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
lalaland said:
tortoise, does that put you near luck?
Not quite. 1 hr east/southeat of Luck.

And it's rumbling again... Sounds pretty intense, but it's still a long ways off.

Latest posts