Sustainably raising goats and/or sheep in the most SS way.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Yeah, when we see it getting bad over there we usually unite in the "take back the streets" attitude and go over there and face off the bullies. :rolleyes:

BYC is just too overrun for this kind of neighborhood watch but it usually works on BYH if everyone sticks together. You all oughta stop over there and add some support to my posts so we can get that thread back in order for real info about the OP..... :thumbsup

I think it's important to keep at them in order to lay the ground work for any other newbies with goat questions....it's quite apparent that the reigning goat regime are somewhat like the previous cow regime. Elitists and bullies..... who wants to participate in a forum about BYHs if they have to deal with that? :idunno
I don't that is for sure. I also don't think I want to visit that site even if they did have a "natural" or whatever section. Too much negativity for me to deal with. The picking apart of each sentence, quoting it and then sarcastically commenting on it, THEN ending everything with those annoying falling down laughing smilies. NO THANKS. That kind of stuff has been going on for months and months and it is seeping out of the goat section and spreading to other sections. How do you report it when it is everywhere?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I noticed real fast any suggestion on BYH is shot down fast---why---because "he or she" happens to not agree and "he or she" thinks their way or the highway..LOL

ya know when it first started I checked it out. For me, WAY too many pet people over there. I farm. I farm animals. I think and act my with my animals in a business/farm way. Livestock is not my pets...so I didn't think that site suited me at all.

Backyard Herds should be Livestock Backyard Pets.

I think that is where things fail. Pet owners vs. farmers and other mind sets.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Backyard Herds should be Livestock Backyard Pets
aint that right.

HEY HERD FOLKS: YES! WE SLAUGHTER! NO WE DONT FEEL BAD ABOUT IT....wanna steak??

;-)

man! being stuck inside has got my dander up...... and crankin the Hank really isnt helping.

ok me and the dogs need to go outside. we'll go and look at all the food standing out there in the yard just waiting to be put in the pot.

maybe we'll just run around in circles for a while.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hehehe, great minds think alike, BBH
I was coming back over here to post that suite101 link!
Great interaction between the vineyard & the sheep owner. That's the way it SHOULD work. :D

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I love to read about those stories b/c that person (s) accomplished an organic goal. It is encouraging. Don't think I can ever do anything 100% organic, but more power to the folks who can. I applaud them and the environment applauds them.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
BYH makes me :hit

I can't even go over there and talk with people when they're being nice, based on how horrible they've been in past threads.

I never even try to use the word 'organic' anymore, just 'alternative' which can mean a wide range of things, that way I don't get hacked down right away.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
so i guess the 'everybody grab your bananas' was too much???

sorry... cant.. type.. laughing.. drink out my nose... whahhahahahahahhahaha

golly...