Tankshill in London e-mail

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ok so heres the jist. I am on a new computer and have changed my password. My brother the computer guru explained to me that the hacker. Nice guy that he was accessed my yahoo mail and sent the e mail asking for money. There is no virus. I just lost all my contacts in my Face Book and yahoo account. will be most likely changing my e mail and wiping my computer hard drive.

Grrrrrr I feel so violatred. My dh is probably going to kill me.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
For those of you who haven't opened it yet. It just said "Hi" in the subject line.
I opened it, coz I thought it was a legit email from Gina :/
I knew she had done a little trip, but London, as far as I knew, was not on her itinerary.

mp, since I opened it, will this mailwasher remove anything they may have downloaded?

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
If I would have known G was going to London, I would have hooked her up with the inlaws so she could crash at their flat.;)

I didn't get one, and whoever gets one should delete it. Often these spam emails contains auto generators that steal your address book and then start auto emails. I use a free program called mail washer.

http://www.mailwasher.net/

Its a program that down loads/auto deletes tons of spam mail without down loading into your inbox first. I have been using the program for years without any major problems.

My ISP shut me down years ago because my account was emailing 5,000 emails a day. I called nerd herd so they could help me and haven't had the same problem since.
I've been using Mailwasher Pro for years - all of my e-mail is checked on the server before it is downloaded to my computer. It has saved me tons of trouble. The free version is excellent, but I wanted the pro features - it's one program I don't mind paying for.

Denise, no, once you've downloaded your e-mail to your pc, your antivirus software should take care of any nasties - although I don't think there are any, based on what Gina said and my own experience.