TAX RETURNS!

krjwaj

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Went to the IRS site and saw a long list of companies the e-file. Does anyone recommend one over the other? First on the was H&R Block. We have never done our own before and DH is self-employed. Thanks!!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We had to bring webfoot mafia's tax stuff to an accountant and he said that since we had so much stuff he would do our personal taxes as well for free. I usually e-file but since the guy offered I'm not arguing!

Ours is earmarked for paying off the credit card. Sad but true...but at least I will only have the car payment and the mortgage and monthly stuff like electric and phone left. I am hoping that I can stay disciplined enough to keep making "payments" to our savings account every month.

cknmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had planned on using ours for some fencing, new coop, brush cutter and auger.

That is ALL gone now, DGD's mother is taking us to court to try to get our guardianship of DGD cancelled and get her back. So all money we get goes to an attorney!

Monica

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You know the more rotten the economy gets the more lawyers make!!

I met a bankruptcy lawyer the other day and she was rolling in the money. The more misery there was the more she was making out of taking money people could now not use to pay the people they owed!

Reaction score
Gun dealer , bankruptcy attorney, storage facility owner. Good jobs right now.

Patch of Heaven Farm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We are using ours for paying off debt, bees,chicks,tiller,car maint,house maint,fence,goats,incubator and a storage shed for garden tools and maybe a pantry for all of our canning since I have no where in the house to put it. I just don't know about the temps and it's affect on canning?

We were very blessed this year and got back more than we ever had before!! And I e-filed and payed 14.00 for direct deposit and recieved it in 8 days!!! :woot My friend payed several hundred for hers to be filed and recieve it the next day. :hu I don't understand why she would pay that much money when she could e-file. What she payed in fees will buy my bees,chicks,incubator and some feed!!! :/