TEA Anyone?

Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Really? I thought they were greedy and hoarding it for themselves?
Actually the ones the bailout dollars went to are exactly as you said. The bailout was sound thinking but manged very poorly. They actually thought the banks would get the credit rolling again. Instead they used the money to pay off their bills.

Just heard a report on NPR yesterday. People with avg incomes of 90k that have a secure job have reduced spending by 40%. Kind of a catch 22. Cut back on spending to feel secure but the snowball effect makes your job insecure.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
Just heard a report on NPR yesterday. People with avg incomes of 90k that have a secure job have reduced spending by 40%. Kind of a catch 22. Cut back on spending to feel secure but the snowball effect makes your job insecure.
There is no accounting for human psychology.

I think most people feel they need a good cushion of savings and if they see their home equity or their stock portfolio dwindling, they are going to feel the need to re-build that cushion. I think a lot of us are worried we may see hyperinflation too.

Reaction score
I think these people are doing the absolutely most sensible thing. It sure is messing with the economy though.

Latest posts