TEA Anyone?

smithx9

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I think we are all a little nuts....:/

Let's just go out on the veranda and have a glass of iced tea...

and chill :cool:...

See you at the party..somewhere

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Big Daddy,

I see you still don't cite any references for your oversimplification of the Boston Tea Party.

Let me introduce you to a basic resource on the web. It can be found at www.wikipedia.org. Let me spell it more slowly for you -- W i k i p e d i a

If you visit the website, you'll see little blue numbers in the text. Those are called "footnotes." They correspond to articles listed at the bottom. Those are called "resources." If you bother to do some research and thoughful thinking, you'll see the original Boston Tea Party had everything to do with governmental-control of the colonies. While local businesses were effected temporarily and locally, the long-term impact of the Boston Tea Party had everything to do with broader issues of self-governance.

And see those black helicopters flying over your house? That's Wal Mart coming to get you.

Inchworm, still feeling cranky

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Those of us who plan to attend a tea party tomorrow are doing so because we want our voices heard. To those who believe it is "Big Business" or the Republican Party that are running the Tea Party show are mistaken. I believe the majority of the Tea Partiers I know would be saying the same thing if Bush was in office and we had seen the spending and debt skyrocket as we have receintly. This huge debt and spending did start with Bush and was exponentially expanded with Obama. It is the shear enormity of the spending and printing of money that has finally gotten everyones attention. We have a growing mountain of debt and a growing mountain of money that will be worthless soon. We are trying to get the governments (local, state, and federal) attention to tell them to stop the insanity before it is too late.

If big business had control of the tea parties, they would probably want more government spending. Aren't they the ones getting the bail outs and being stimulated with monies that we spend from jobs created by the so called "stimulus bill". I would think the big spending, as of late, would benifit them.

The Republicans aren't in control of the Tea Parties either. We are equally angry at their wasteful ways over the past 8+ years, as well. Many of them also signed on to the TARP package which was a waist of money and had their share of the 9000 + ear marks on the spending package that passed a few weeks ago.

To those who believe that it is a Republican thing or a "Big Business" thing, you will be surprised when you see that it is an American thing! We are Americans of all back grounds, ethnicities, social strata, party affiliations etc. We are concerned and angry at the turn that our country has taken and we will be silent no longer about what we expect from our government.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Big business is not financing the tea parties, you can keep saying it and saying it, doesn't make it true. It's American People who are fed up with being lead around by the nose by the ruling party (there is do demonstrable difference between Democrats and Republicans right now in America, they are both only for politicians and not for the people). It's movements like this one that are the driving force behind the tea parties. I wish every state would wake up the way Texas has - the state sovereignty movement is growing, it needs more support. The growth of the federal government has to be stopped, the Tenth Amendment needs to be honored.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
Tallman said:
Big Daddy said:
Abstinence doesn't work.
WOW! :lol: :gig
Guess it works for you huh? I was talking about teenagers. Forced abstinence doesn't count.
The point is that you said "Abstinence doesn't work."

It is a scientific fact that it has worked every time it has been tried.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
Big business is financing the tea parties.
Says you, and only you.

They want to try to keep the Reagan tax policies in place and keep their profit margins in place.
Again, says you. No one else seems to agree with you, and as I said, even though you keep on saying it and saying it, it doesn't make it true.

As far as the American thing goes. The only people that know about it are the people that watch Fox News. I haven't seen it anywhere but Fox and on this website. It's a Republican thang.
Oh, man, I just saw this. So, because Fox News is broadcasting about the tea parties (couldn't be that all of the lamestream media is so in the tank for Obama and his plans that they won't say a word about it, could it? Then again, I saw them talking about the Tea Parties on GMA, which is ABC's big morning program, so obviously some of them are talking about it. Not NBC, though, which is, I'm sure, your favorite news source, totally unbiased as it is :rolleyes: ) it's a 'Republican thang' and isn't worth doing? Yea, right. It's an independent thing, Big Daddy, brought forth by people who like to think for themselves, people who value the freedom that has always been what being an American is all about. I'll stop typing now and let the rest of you fill in the blanks, or I'll get myself in trouble.

CARS

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
Keep dreaming. Rain Tomorrow, bring your umbrella.
Na, it's going to be a bright, bright sunshiny day!

Say while I am posting... I had a serious question among all this bickering. Why after 5pm? Who the hell is going to see us??