TEA Anyone?

Reaction score
That was just Co. forecast. I'm sure it will be beautiful in some areas. Thy probably set it after 5 so people don't have to take as much time off from work. Wal Mart is closed for the day.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Have fun tomorrow, Big Daddy, and BTW, it isn't "you and only you" who has come to those conclusions. Oh, Puleeze! :rolleyes:
I absolutely agree with your take on this, BD! If you take photos could you post them, especially of your sign, lol.

smithx9

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sylvie...I like your quote

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it's the only thing that can. -Margaret Mead"

The thing is, there are groups of committed people on both sides....the TEA party group is just doing what you already applaud....making an effort to make a change....

VT-Chicklit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just remember that the group in Boston at that first Tea Party were a small group! Remember that those "revolutionaries" who declared their independence from England were a small group! These people, in the face of insurmountable odds, were the start of this great nation. I am sure England did not take them too seriously (at first), either.

The dismissive attitude of those who disagree with our cause only bolster our resolve. Don't think that we will be intimidated by biased rhetoric, snarky comments or petty name calling, because we wont! We are not a threat to America, as some in Homeland Security seem to think. We are Americans that hold her Constitution dear and will do our best to defend it. We are putting our elected officials on notice that we expect them to follow the Constitution that they swore an oath to, or as our numbers grow, we will vote them out!

CARS

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
VT-Chicklit said:
Just remember that the group in Boston at that first Tea Party were a small group! Remember that those "revolutionaries" who declared their independence from England were a small group! These people, in the face of insurmountable odds, were the start of this great nation. I am sure England did not take them too seriously (at first), either.

The dismissive attitude of those who disagree with our cause only bolster our resolve. Don't think that we will be intimidated by biased rhetoric, snarky comments or petty name calling, because we wont! We are not a threat to America, as some in Homeland Security seem to think. We are Americans that hold her Constitution dear and will do our best to defend it. We are putting our elected officials on notice that we expect them to follow the Constitution that they swore an oath to, or as our numbers grow, we will vote them out!
Bravo! Bravo!!

smithx9

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Small group:

John Hancock Wm. Williams
Josiah Bartlett Oliver Wolcott
William Wipple Button Gwinnett
Matthew Thorston Lyman Hall
Samuel Adams George Walton
John Adams Samuel Chase
Robert Treat Paine William Paca
Elbridge Gerry Thomas Stone
William floyd Charles Carroll
Phillip Livingston George Whthe
Fransis Lewis Richard Henry Lee
Lewis Morris Thomas Jefferson
Step. Hopinks Benjamin Harrison
William Ellery Thomas Nelson, JR
Roger Sherman Francis Lightfoot Lee
Samuel Huntington Carter Braxton
Robert Morris Benjamin Franklin
John Morton George Clymer
Benjamin Rush James Smith
George Taylor James Wilson
George Ross Ceasar Rodney
George Read Thomas M'Kean
William Hooper Joseph Hewes
John Penn Edward Rutledge
Thomas Heward, Jr Richard Stockton
Thomas Lynch, Jr Jno. Witherspoon
Arthur Middleton Frans. Hopkinson
John Hart Abraham Clark

SMALL GROUP: SIGNERS OF THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

WOW...the things a small group can accomplish!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Hubby is going to cover it for the paper. It meets at noon today at Acacia Park in Colorado Springs. He is leaving an hour early because we aren't sure he is going to be able to find a place to park. It had been scheduled for the city auditorium, but they outgrew that in days.

I wonder how many anti-tea party groups will show up trying to disrupt the event?

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our local Party starts at noon, and then some are going to travel to Wichita, and others are going to Kansas City to join the groups there which start about 5:00.

The weather looks great, and I'm going to wear my "store bought" clothes. :ya

andehens

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Yes, everybody please be aware that its more than possible groups will show up with the intent of disruption. So be careful, and have fun!!!!!!

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have been instructed to abstain from signing anything at the Tea Party. :old