Tea Tree Oil

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
While the Ticks and Chiggers are really bad this year , Biting and itching always , I have found that if you rub some Tea Tree Oil on the affected area the itching / burning sensation goes away almost immediately.

Just wanted to share with y'all.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i don't use it as an anti-itch ointment, but i do use it as an antifungal for between certain toes - it goes through stages where i sometimes have to clean them out down to the quick using things like bleach or wart remover because the skin can get so thick that a topical won't get down deep enough to kill off all the fungus. once i've gotten it back to decent skin then i can keep it from getting worse again by using some about three times a week. if i go less than that i'm risking it building up into an infection again somehow and if i go more than that it's a waste.

i like peppermint and spearmint oil mixed together in equal parts and then i mix that with olive oil for a lotion and also add some tea tree oil lotion to thicken it up. that is all not enough to cure the fungi but it certainly smells much better than plain tea tree oil.

Mom hates all of them and how they smell. too bad that lemon oil doesn't work as an anti-fungal because she does like that one. heh... :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
i don't use it as an anti-itch ointment, but i do use it as an antifungal for between certain toes - it goes through stages where i sometimes have to clean them out down to the quick using things like bleach or wart remover because the skin can get so thick that a topical won't get down deep enough to kill off all the fungus. once i've gotten it back to decent skin then i can keep it from getting worse again by using some about three times a week. if i go less than that i'm risking it building up into an infection again somehow and if i go more than that it's a waste.

i like peppermint and spearmint oil mixed together in equal parts and then i mix that with olive oil for a lotion and also add some tea tree oil lotion to thicken it up. that is all not enough to cure the fungi but it certainly smells much better than plain tea tree oil.

Mom hates all of them and how they smell. too bad that lemon oil doesn't work as an anti-fungal because she does like that one. heh... :)
Callous remover works FANTASTIC as a foot anti fungal. I think its the phospohoric acid kind. Just don't put it on broken skin. Its almost a permanent solution 😲

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Callous remover works FANTASTIC as a foot anti fungal. I think its the phospohoric acid kind. Just don't put it on broken skin. Its almost a permanent solution 😲

i can't find via search any saying phosphoric acid is used but in the descriptions of some they do say salicylic acid which is the same ingredient used in wart and corn removers. i did a specific search for phosphoric acid and callous remover but that doesn't come up in the first page either (instead it is said to be a rust remover). the other notable use of it is in Coke. :) i guess our stomachs get rusty...

for the callouses i have here i just scrape the dead skin off after i shower and then they don't get built up so much as to cause a problem. sometimes though you can find that a callous is hiding some warts underneath it so removing it as much as you can and inspecting the underlying skin can sometimes lead you to getting it to reduce in size because you've gotten rid of the underlying warts.

tea tree oil straight up i also apply to my toenails when i clip them as that will act as a preventative for them getting nail fungus.

livinglandnz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The Only Tea tree I am familiar with is Manuka and Kanuka which is native to my country, more commonly known by the crazy expensive product of Manuka honey. Manuka tea (tea tree) is quite nice and the stuff grows pretty much everywhere here.