Tea Tree Oil

Finnie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Only Tea tree I am familiar with is Manuka and Kanuka which is native to my country, more commonly known by the crazy expensive product of Manuka honey. Manuka tea (tea tree) is quite nice and the stuff grows pretty much everywhere here.
I remember a friend in the 90’s was into melaleuca. That’s the kind of tea tree oil I’m familiar with. I think she had a toothpaste of it.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i use just a little bit between some toes to keep the fungi from coming back. it takes me a long time to get rid of it once it gets infected so to prevent a new infection is worth a few moments and just a little bit. i use a pair of metal tweezers which when dipped give me just enough to do the job. before i was applying full drops and using my finger to smear it around but it was a big waste and was too much and Mom said it stunk too bad and bothered her. once i switched to more minimal amounts (and also apply it right before bed) she doesn't even smell it at all - by morning the smell is gone. i've tried all sorts of other things as a preventative but nothing seems to work as well.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i use just a little bit between some toes to keep the fungi from coming back. it takes me a long time to get rid of it once it gets infected so to prevent a new infection is worth a few moments and just a little bit. i use a pair of metal tweezers which when dipped give me just enough to do the job. before i was applying full drops and using my finger to smear it around but it was a big waste and was too much and Mom said it stunk too bad and bothered her. once i switched to more minimal amounts (and also apply it right before bed) she doesn't even smell it at all - by morning the smell is gone. i've tried all sorts of other things as a preventative but nothing seems to work as well.

this is still working. :) i finally got rid of the last bit of infection between two toes which overlap tightly and it's always a problem spot if i ignore it for any length of time. i was deteremined though this last time to see what it would take and then to keep it fungi free.

pretty much to get rid of it was soak the area well to get the dead skin soft enough that it could be scraped away. this is the key to pretty much controlling foot fungi too because dead skin is where they live. once i scraped it well then i would use the tea tree oil about 4-5 times a week to eradicate and then since it has been gone i use the tea tree oil two to three times a week depending upon how often they are getting damp or wet.

once there is an active infection i also put a bit of the tea tree oil on the nails surrounding that area too and whenever i trim the nails which then prevents new infections taking hold.