Teenagers who think famine=lack of snack foods

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
I misread Blackbird's post, I thought he said fast food not fasting! I do that several times a week and is not good at all (at least for me) I will have 3 cups of coffee then get busy until bedtime without eating anything all day.

The next morning I will feel hungry but after my first cup of coffee I forget to eat again and go right to work, I then overload on food for a final meal of that day - going without food for almost 48 hours. This schedule repeats itself, and even though I am 240 lbs in my bare feet it is not healthy.

When I wasn't so busy in a time long ago I subscribed to the 6 small meals a day regimentation and was a perfect 210lbs. No child should go hungry and have helped where I could when I could, children have different needs than adults and we can't ignore them just because we are not hungry.

MountainMom

Power Conserver
Reaction score
xpc said:
MountainMom said:
The problem is, I'll come home and she'll be low blood sugary...
What does that mean? how can you tell? does she have a medical history?
Just courteous as I have read others saying the same thing.

edit: computer can't spell
It means, she's hungry and that makes her emotionally on edge.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
MountainMom said:
It means, she's hungry and that makes her emotionally on edge.
If you meant "the Edge" then that was a good movie and don't blame her for being hungry.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I liked that movie too!!!

My kids get cranky when there hungry. I think it's normal.

BlackBird... Interesting link, I look forward to reading it.

gina

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
BlackBird... Interesting link, I look forward to reading it.
gina
You California hippie people are weird, I looked at that link and it was so tall it made me dizzy - had to leave as it was bad mojo .

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Actually I just finished looking it over. Way to much information for me. I like things that are simply explained with a flat out A, B, C outline.

I get the whole juice fast for detox but the no food fast seems like self torture. But who am I to be critical. I have never tried it. :idunno

Oh, and I am very far from being a hippe. ;)

g

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Actually I just finished looking it over. Way to much information for me. I like things that are simply explained with a flat out A, B, C outline.
I get the whole juice fast for detox but the no food fast seems like self torture. But who am I to be critical. I have never tried it. :idunno

Oh, and I am very far from being a hippe. ;)

g
Like I said the site was too tall - meaning you had to scroll forever, a big no no in web design. Typical for shysters though.

Humans unlike reptiles and some other hollywood anorexic species are not designed to go without food for any length of time, just ask the humming bird to go without and it will die in 2 seconds, it's beauty and wonderment will wither before your eyes.

The idea of fasting for religion or cleansing is riddled with fallacies so deep that it reeks of picked meats, no not herring but pigs feet and since they can't fly I'm sticking to my daily intake of bacon as my body suggests. Double, triple, and quadruple burger bypass was put on this earth for our enjoyment.

And as the great CW McCall once said:
A: your getting me down
B: we have a lease law
C: you in the wrong town

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrmUkq0jXYA

P.S. you are a hippie as a left coaster but a nice one in my book. Do you drive VW microbus?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Aww thanks. :love No I had a Honda mini van. It actually is on the DOA list with internal transmission problems. Honda has lost me forever. :he 2000 Odyssey with 79 thousand miles, a known trans issue with documented recall on my year and they refuse to help. :hit

Now a days I am driving a Ford Ranger.

:barnie I can't believe I watched that whole video. "Fear the Banjo!!!"

:lol:

g

ps I made bacon and egg burritos for breakfast. With fresh green peppers and onions from the garden!!! :thumbsup

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I had a Honda mini van. It actually is on the DOA list with internal transmission problems. Honda has lost me forever. 2000 Odyssey with 79 thousand miles, a known trans issue with documented recall on my year and they refuse to help.
That is a known issue and at only 79k it should be looked at, pass everybody else and contact the regional sales manager or higher. Explain your situation and ask for "goodwill" it is a little known pseudo warranty just for a problem like yours, don't let them beat you down as this is battle worth fighting. It can cost $5000 to fix and had a class action lawsuit for it.

I had a 93' Grad Prix with lawsuit and only got $12 from it so its crap for you and millions for the lawyers but still worth checking even though it is past the dealers warranty (7 years me thinks).