Teenagers who think famine=lack of snack foods

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
xpc said:
is riddled with fallacies so deep that it reeks of picked meats
Well, I'm not Christian so I actually tend to agree with this on most levels of ANYTHING regarding religion, yet you're the one always referring towards Sodom And Gomorrah.. :idunno

I guess we best not turn this into a religion debate. My apologies.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
I guess we best not turn this into a religion debate. My apologies.
I'm only half Christian - maybe I think... My parents and 4 older siblings are Roman Catholic and I am Lutheran, my younger brother is nothing. My dad ran out of blood money so his church wouldn't accept me and by the time my little brother came about the Lutherans were mucho greedy too.

Twenty years later my dad had enough money to grease the priests palm so I could get married in the church, not so much for me but more so for my Attila the Hun - I have never set foot in a church again after that fateful day the music died. I now live next to a Baptist church and every now and then Pastor Parvin will try to drown me. Crazy drunk doesn't know I'm only over there whacking moles as a man gottsta eat. this is a food thread right?

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
I'm all for the disguising food as ingredients. We run out of "instant" stuff at the speed of light. My hubby knows how to cook ( I think) but I could probably hide anything in a container of bulk ingredients.

He is the king of the microwave. Open the can or take the frozen garbage out of the box and nuke it. I can have a full cupboard and food in the fridge and hear daily " there's nothing to eat". :rant Making big batches of food and freezing portions helps some.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
MountainMom -- you have a beautiful avatar! :)

My husband and I are both prone to the low blood sugar situation. Sometimes it is from skipping a meal, but usually it is from just working and working and working on stuff until we finally get tired and quit for the day, but then we are so hungry that we are easily agitated. At least we don't take each other seriously at that point. :rolleyes:

It helps to have nuts or dry fruit in the house. Easy, good for you, stores well, etc.

Oh boy, that last paragraph is going to earn me some grief from XPC, I can see . . . :plbb :caf

dntd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We have lots of "quick" food in our house it's called fruit! When the kids ask before dinner for food because they are hungry I list the "good" foods if they don't want that then they are not hungry:) We have 3 meals a day, the kids prepare thier own BF in the morning, if they claim they didn' eat enough if we have to go out for a few hours. too bad, we have cereal, fruit ,yogurt ect. always in the house.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my kid never says this cause I do have foods she loves in the house at all times and "I prepackage" my cooked meals to have something fast to make for her along with good snacks she likes

but my problem is HUBBY

yup, he is the kitchen cabinet opener, stand in front of the fridge person, look in every corner of the kitchen and say there is no food he is starving LOL

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
Happens here, too, despite 1-2 freezers full, fridge bursting, pantry full. Most of our food is disguised as ingredients, too :) I love that saying!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOLOL

Credit my husband with that one.

"Hey! Didn't you just go shopping? Where is all the food?"

"It's in the refrigerator bonehead!"

"Did you disguise it as ingredients again?"

:gig