Teenagers who think famine=lack of snack foods

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
usually if i say "there is nothing to eat" there really isn't anything to eat haha. im a veggies kinda gal. my favourite snack food? sliced cucumber with greek dressing or balsamic vinegar lol.

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
When my kids eat I tell them to eat untill they are full.You have to train them just like any animal or husband. Sorry but I'm not a short order cook. If you want something more than the three large meals I prepare you can make it yourself.:rolleyes:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
MountainMom said:
xpc said:
MountainMom said:
The problem is, I'll come home and she'll be low blood sugary...
What does that mean? how can you tell? does she have a medical history?
Just courteous as I have read others saying the same thing.

edit: computer can't spell
It means, she's hungry and that makes her emotionally on edge.
My dad would make me a grilled cheese sandwich when I was like that. But then again, I get seriously suicidal and will hurt myslef when I have a blood sugar drop like that. Even when my blood sugar is in medically "normal" values. My SO has learned to FEED ME first when I get like that. If I'm normal in 10 minutes it was just "hypoglycemia." If not, then it's the bipolar. :/

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
tortoise said:
MountainMom said:
xpc said:
What does that mean? how can you tell? does she have a medical history?
Just courteous as I have read others saying the same thing.

edit: computer can't spell
My dad would make me a grilled cheese sandwich when I was like that. But then again, I get seriously suicidal and will hurt myslef when I have a blood sugar drop like that. Even when my blood sugar is in medically "normal" values. My SO has learned to FEED ME first when I get like that. If I'm normal in 10 minutes it was just "hypoglycemia." If not, then it's the bipolar. :/
FYI - a no-sugar, no-grain diet completely fixed that problem for me, but it is hard to stick to!

mamagoose

Power Conserver
Reaction score
tortoise said:
tortoise said:
MountainMom said:
FYI - a no-sugar, no-grain diet completely fixed that problem for me, but it is hard to stick to!
I bet!lol I could never pull it off. I'm glad you found a non medical way to help alleviate your symptoms. It runs in my family but I was lucky it skipped my generation.