Ten Odd Uses for Basic H

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
Basic H2 as a pesticide: Growing organic produce does wonders for your health and the enviroment, but pesticide-free can still mean bug-free. Dilute your Basic H2 to a couple of drops per spray-bottle, then spritz your plants as part of your regular routine. Not only will the bugs stay away but you might also find that they are bigger and healthier, as well.

The bugs will be bigger and healthier if they stay away?... They must have been eating from MY garden. :lol:
I was wondering about that statement as well!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
Basic H2 as a pesticide: Growing organic produce does wonders for your health and the enviroment, but pesticide-free can still mean bug-free. Dilute your Basic H2 to a couple of drops per spray-bottle, then spritz your plants as part of your regular routine. Not only will the bugs stay away but you might also find that they are bigger and healthier, as well.

The bugs will be bigger and healthier if they stay away?... They must have been eating from MY garden. :lol:
That's what I thought, too, k0xxx. I refrained myself - glad you didn't. :lol:

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I can't get the link to load. But I look forward to reading more. As long as it's not soy I'm game.

I loved that cow!!! :love

g

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
There is a book out that is called Green Goes with Everything. Sloan Barnett, wife of Shaklee owner, wrote it. Now, I used to sell Shaklee but let my stuff go inactive cause I just got too busy to find clients out in the sticks but I love the stuff! Basic H got permanent marker off my daughter's skin without any irritation whatsoever. LOVE it. It seems really expensive to start out with but it ends up cheaper in the long run cause most of the products are concentrated and require dilution with water.

Her book does shamelessly promote Shaklee and she is not shy about it but it is worth reading because, while she does promote Shaklee products, she also gives other green alternatives for everything.

She also includes green alternatives, homemade recipes, and website links for things that Shaklee does not manufacture. She covers everything from cleaning products to water bottles to feminine hygiene stuff. It really is a good read.

I have had the same bottle of basic H for over a year and I am just now needing to get a new one. Gotta put that on my to do list.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wonder how it would be on the horses and goats as an insect repellent?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Bee says it is made with soy proteins?

Anyways, it is now called Basic H2 so I wonder if it is still good for livestock deworming?

Anyone here sell it?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Reviving an OLD thread, :D. I finally found some Basic H2. So, now, how do I use it as a parasite preventative. ratios of Basic H2 to water? And how often?

Latest posts