Tennessee Snowstorm

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We haven't had mail for three days. Not a big deal.

Do you get paid even tho you can't go out due to weather? Our tiny PO didn't even have the early shift to come in to sort packages. Its just solid ice out there these last few days.
I get paid evaluation, which is the time allotted to do the route. They have been calling us in at certain times because of the weather and the hazardous conditions. Alot of the carriers couldnt even get down some of the roads on their route because they were closed off due to the road conditions. Even though some carriers couldnt complete the route, we still get paid the evaluated time. Any packages brought back we have been told to scan delayed due to weather. If you couldnt get down the road or safely get to the box, we were told to scan no access.
Anything mailwise brought back was re-cased for possible delivery the next day. There were quite a few carriers who had to case the same rows several times because they couldnt get down some of the roads.
We didnt even get mail on Tuesday due to the weather. It came in the next day along with Wednesdays mail. We had to case one day.
Its supposed to start thawing off on Monday. I know Im glad this week is OVER!

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Rammy ... you're in TN right? I am surprised to see that they do not put down any kind of grit/sand or something on the roads. They don't use salt on dirt roads but alot of the roads get a type of grit on the snow covered roads here that don't have enough snow to plow.

You can see the ice in the pictures from where the cars have packed it down from driving on it. Then the sun comes out, melts the top surface and it gets worse. Sorry that you had so much trouble. Hope it did not do any damage to the Jeep. And doubly sorry that the "new one" is still not right.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Is it pouring rain there? It has stormed here since 9:00 last night. It has stopped but will crank back up at 5 or 6 AM tomorrow, and storm like crazy on Wednesday too. It seeme to be moving to the east.
But at least it’s not frozen!

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@Rammy ... you're in TN right? I am surprised to see that they do not put down any kind of grit/sand or something on the roads. They don't use salt on dirt roads but alot of the roads get a type of grit on the snow covered roads here that don't have enough snow to plow.

You can see the ice in the pictures from where the cars have packed it down from driving on it. Then the sun comes out, melts the top surface and it gets worse. Sorry that you had so much trouble. Hope it did not do any damage to the Jeep. And doubly sorry that the "new one" is still not right.
They treat the main roads but not the"back" roads.
No damage to the Jeep. Cant say that for a few of the mailboxes. 😏