Tent for Daily Living Purposes

Doozerdoo1

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
lee&lyric said:
Good evening,

We have been online searching for military type canvas (preferably tan) tents that would fit a family of 5 for living in day-to-day. We're hoping to network and find a place to purchase one. We've been Googling and will continue to work it from this end. Still, we figured someone here might know where we could get one.

Thanks in advance.

L & L
There is a place out side of Bozeman Montana that actually makes them and sells them cheaper then most places.
http://montanacanvas.com/wall-tents.php

lee&lyric

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Doozerdoo1 said:
lee&lyric said:
Good evening,

We have been online searching for military type canvas (preferably tan) tents that would fit a family of 5 for living in day-to-day. We're hoping to network and find a place to purchase one. We've been Googling and will continue to work it from this end. Still, we figured someone here might know where we could get one.

Thanks in advance.

L & L
There is a place out side of Bozeman Montana that actually makes them and sells them cheaper then most places.
http://montanacanvas.com/wall-tents.php
I'mmm on it. Thanks. :D

nmred

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My husband and I have talked several times about what we would do, if worse came to worst, and we were in your shoes. We have decided that we would build ourselves a hoop house to live in. We have built several of these already for our animals. Our goats currently live in one 10x20. We cover our hoop houses with old bill board tarps which we got free! We found them by calling around to see who made/covered all the bill boards around here, then called them to see what they did with the used tarps when they replaced them. They would only give us a few, but still, they were free! They are very thick and hold up well. Directions for hoop houses are available all over the web, just do a search. They aren't that difficult to build and, if the tarp is free, they are inexpensive. You can make them as long as you want, but the width is pretty much determined by the length of the pvc pipe you can find. It would be like living in a trailer house, long and skinny, but would work very well.

I wish you all the best. Hope your prayers are answered and you find affordable housing soon.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Wish I could find them for free. There's a guy that sells them for $50 around here. I want a couple of them.

lee&lyric

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dfr1973 said:
moolie said:
If you don't mind a little DIY, something like this might work: http://www.sacoriver.net/~freegate/Pavilion.html
I forgot to mention - I've slept in one of these pavilion tents that belonged to a SCAer - very roomy and stood sturdy in a TN thunderstorm. There were four of us adults in it (and three had garb!) and we had plenty of room.
Decided to stop back in here in case we missed something as the time is approaching for a decision and purchase.