Texas

TammyTX

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Hey y'all. :frow I'm about 25 miles east of Austin.

I go by the same name on BYC and the EG (though no posts there yet) sites.

There is some great info here!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
imarodeomom said:
Hi from Pampa Texas. WINDY!!
:frow Hi, it is me again!

I just moved away from TX, lived there almost 36 years and I never heard of Pampa, TX! What region is it in. I have lived in North TX, South TX and the hill country.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Welcome to all the Texas members!! :welcome :frow

I spent the summer of 1972 in your lovely state....San Antonio and Wichita Falls to be exact!

Mesquite

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Greetings all, I just found this site through a link at BYC. I am on the NW edge of the Hill Country on 35 Ac. Just got the chicken house built and the chicks are now 4 1/2 weeks old. I ordered 50 hens and 6 Roos hopeing that when they are big enough to range that will be enough to keep a steady supply of meat & eggs dispite the varmits. The fence is finally finnished except for the water gap so I am now looking for some Nubian goats and want to learn to make cheese, butter etc. Also looking for people who want to garden and help tend goats and chickens. It is really hard to find folks that want to live this far (25mi) from town. I have always believed that when the time was right the right people would show up. Maybe this site will help them find me.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
You are in the good part of the state! Where you actually get some of the 4 seasons.

I lived in the Dallas area for 10 years during collage and the start of my career. Sadly (because I hated the weather!!!) I ended up living in Houston the next 10.

(I grew up in a small town near Houston before collage.)

:welcome