Texas

Debzie

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Just found this site, I am so glad to see this forum. We live on six acres outside of McKinney towards Princeton. Just started with four chickens and really interested in becoming self sufficient. Can't wait to start reading.

:woot

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
delia_peterson said:
Hitchcock,Texas. About 15 minutes from Galveston. :frow
Hi Delia,

How did you fare during Hurricane Ike? How is the gulf lookin' now?
:rolleyes: I lost alot of cedar trees that were 40 years old, and my trailer. But I am back with a small trailer for now as its just me. (and two dogs,two cats and 4 laying hens and an obnoxious rooster!) When I saw the damage I decided to be self sufficent. I have a small garden in, and a friend gave me the chickens-they are about 3 months old. I am embarassed to say I dont know what kind they are as he got them at feed store and he forgot to ask, lol! But I am looking to ya'll for knowledge and have learned so much already! Just did my first batch of laundry soap! I love this site and will be looking for more chicks and possibly some goats as I have two acres and want to get the most out of it!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
cadams said:
Howdy from the big city of Tom Bean
Hey cadams!! Howdy!!! Now where is Tom Bean? Is it near Drop, Paris, Dime Box, Ponder or Krum, TX? :p

ETA: Up here I moved near a town called "Purdy". :p

Morgaine

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
We are in Hempstead Tx. Kinda between Houston and Brenham.